Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laois V Offaly

• 27-05-2005 5:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭

Here is looking forward to a great game and the best team to win...

... Laois of course!!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Am off to Croke Park myself to see Kildare V Westmeath but will defo try to get there to see this game also, but cos I am from Kildare, I am up for Offaly in this match! Although I would say that Laois have the upper hand - never say never, as was seen during the week in Istanbul!

But I am hoping & looking forward to a good day of football & may the best teams win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I'll be there too and I am bringing a group of friends who are over from Britain for the weekend. Robo, you should try to get into that game. Your ticket covers it after all. If I am going to Croke Park, I go for the first match and don't leave until after the final whistle of the last match, even if the game is effectively over. It is awful to see people getting tickets and then not being there for the whole show. Even when games do look over, that can often change. Many people have left games only to discover when they get to a radio or TV that the result was not as expected.

There have been plenty of examples of that down the years. Offaly were 5 points down with 5 minutes to go against Limerick in the 1994 Hurling Final. They won by 6 points. Many Limerick fans had left to go and celebrate their county's victory and missed that dramatic finish.

It is often the case too, that the first game is the better one of the day and the big game does not live up to expectations. So get in on time for the first game and don't leave until the last game is officially over!

Flukey wrote:
    Robo, you should try to get into that game. Your ticket covers it after all. If I am going to Croke Park, I go for the first match and don't leave until after the final whistle of the last match, even if the game is effectively over. It is awful to see people getting tickets and then not being there for the whole show. Even when games do look over, that can often change. Many people have left games only to discover when they get to a radio or TV that the result was not as expected.

Ah yeh more than likely I will get there for the 1st game! But know what you mean - I hate that also - you are watching the game and in the middle of it a load of people are leaving or coming in for the next! And your view of the match is not the best due to heads moving up and down!

Who are you supporting tomorrow Flukey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

come on Laois!

keep those Biffos down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I think the standard of football in Leinster is in an even worse state than I thought today. Laois stole the game off an Offaly team who had 20+ wides. They were very lucky. Westmeath went out to a 14 man Kildare team, who i do not really rate that highly either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Was at the match today and Laois will be glad to have gotten the win in a game in which they were not their usual selves. First half was dire from a Laois viewpoint but there was some improvement after half time. Despite scoring 1-4, munnelly was poor as was Joe Higgins, Clancy and Gary Kavanagh. There wasn't any outstanding Laois player actually.
    One thing is for sure: Laois won't play as badly again in the championship.
    It was great to see Beano coming on and he made an impact in the run-up to the goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭madmorphy

In fairness the only thing that beat offaly today,was themselves !.
    The last time i saw such a brutal amount of wides from a team with most of the posession was when the dubs played laois in the leinster final.
    I'd swear micko has a load of vodoo dolls or magic spells or something :D.

I'm not sure I agree with you Cashback. They played equally as bad against Tyrone, and not much better against Westmeath last year, and they also had a poor league campaign. I think Micko will find it quite difficult to lift them. Having said that they are a better team then Kildare, and maybe a good result in that game will lift them a bit if they get one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Phew... Lucky Laois!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Laois Fan

Unbelieveable game with laois v offaly, laois so bad but had luck in second half, did they look like they wanted this game ?? dont think so ,good to see beano getting a run

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I was neutral yesterday. I go to all the championship matches, hurling and football, in Croke Park. Offaly had a lot of wides, but it was a cruel way to lose it. They were all devastated after the game. I had some English people with me (among which was a young lady who is a cousin of one Stephen Gerrard) and they enjoyed the finish. They liked the second game even more, as there was a bit of niggle in it.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Flukey wrote:
    I was neutral yesterday. I go to all the championship matches, hurling and football, in Croke Park. Offaly had a lot of wides, but it was a cruel way to lose it. They were all devastated after the game. I had some English people with me (among which was a young lady who is a cousin of one Stephen Gerrard) and they enjoyed the finish. They liked the second game even more, as there was a bit of niggle in it.:)
    Niggle is always good ;) . Westmeath losing is not. That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

Flukey, you are very lucky to be able to attend all these matches...
    Tell me this, When tickets are tight (like the leinster final) would you be a man to see about a Hill ticket ?

You obviously have connections I dont !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Laois Fan

had to change my colour as i am proud to be laois after flukey ross got us through but pray they will never play as bad again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Offaly were robbed :P

but a very enjoyable game to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Very hard on Offaly but that's what happens when you kick that many wides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

enjoyable?

ffs, offaly should have won by a canter. the wayward shooting wouldn't be seen at U_12 tbqh.

as for us, Micko has to take full responsibilty for that disaster of a game. poor team selection and he wasn't able to make changes properly to have us back in the game earlier.

kavanagh is just not inter_county material tbh. muppet.
    stephen kelly SHOULD have been on the edge of the square.
    Begley is too slight to start, ESPECIALLY in the first game against bloody offaly.

i've heard figures thrown about as to how much micko is to being paid atm and it makes one think is that the only reason he stayed on.

we should have been better and I was really expecting a good performace. Then again, after seeing the disasterous league run after the promising start I should have let the head rule the heart.

lets hope for a better performace against Kildare.

I think you are being harsh on Micko Kaim. It should be borne inmind that the same Laois team had achieved nothing and did not really look like achieveing much till he took it over.

I know it's harsh but jesus, how can a team that contested the last two Leinster finals be that ****e ya know?
    I still think his team selections have been poor over the last while.

sack him !

• Advertisement

Now now Al, this isn't the soccer fora and Laois sure as hell ain't Man_Utd :)

SACK HIM SACK HIM SACK him

Lets Keep ¦ MickO
    out of ¦
    GAA ¦
    Football ¦

Offaly were robbed :P

but a very enjoyable game to watch

Laois didn't win the match - Offaly threw it away!
    Alany wrote:
    SACK HIM SACK HIM SACK him

Ah wait til Kildare kick Laois's sorry little a$$es back to Laois! :D

Maybe Alany wants Micko sacked so he'll go to Dublin as was the speculation at the start of the year??

damm... im found out, would he make a great number 2 to Pillar ? that would be a strong management team

I think it'd be more like Caffrey, who I presume you mean by Pillar, making a great number two to him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

The state of Offaly football! Why do we always snatch defeat from the jaws of victory? It's like the Irish team - lack of killer instinct.

Advertisement