Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Better rapper

• 27-05-2005 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Eminem
    2pac
    dr.dre
    snoop dogg

whos the better rapper 33 votes

eminem
    0% 0 votes
    2pac
    42% 14 votes
    dr.dre
    39% 13 votes
    snoop dogg
    9% 3 votes
    none of the above
    9% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Cannibal Ox, seriously, just take a look around your gaff, you must have one pill left! Surely that kunt Ay Cee didnt take them all (tho it would explain why hes not been about lately)

Sigh

Pac was good, but overrated
    Dr Dre has one of the best voices in rap, however a huge amount of his lyrics are written by others
    Eminem has fallen off since he kicked the drugs
    Snoop Dogg is only a legend for his early 90s work. Next Episode and P.I.M.P are sadly nearly the only things of note has done sinc e1996

Biggie Smalls was the illest.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

If i had to choose it would be between tupac or Dr.dre
    Tough???????????
    Tupac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 PissedChicken

hey chubb your right tupac all da way

ya man course tupac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Eminem has fallen off since he kicked the drugs

HaHa so true! He's still the best lyricist out of that bunch though!

• Advertisement

deisedolly wrote:
    HaHa so true! He's still the best lyricist out of that bunch though!

You are so right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

You should get a lifetime ban for starting yet another bloody poll. That said 2pac by far apart from the posthumous realseas which are 90% rubbish, snoop stills lives off the success of his first (amazing) album and just brings out singles with filler albums. Eminem is good lyricly but has not been on form since his second album and dre is an amazing producer but is no rapper but as has been said has a good voice for rap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Has gotta be Tupac.How many ppl can say they will be as famous as he is . . after he is dead.But sayin dat,heis bein followed closely by Dre in my views

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Cannibal Ox, seriously, just take a look around your gaff, you must have one pill left! Surely that kunt Ay Cee didnt take them all
    Do they sell 'em on e-bay?

Eminem - Slim Shady LP's the sh!t, Infinite's on a Tribe Called Quest vibe and really isn't anything that special, his song on Soundbombing 2 and the one he did with High & Mighty were in his prime. Marshall Mathers isn't that bad, but everything else after is sh!te.
    2pac - Overrated.
    dr.dre - Great producer, member of NWA gets some credit but jesus, he's ****íng repetitive.
    snoop dogg - Never really been interested in him, fairly generic sh!t.

So out of them, Eminem in Slim Shady mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

eminem clearly for me. He is an absolute amazing mc.

As for scuba steve who must have swallowed too much sea water when he went scuba diving and this gem of a comment
    How many ppl can say they will be as famous as he is . . after he is dead.

He sold more albums dead than he did alive because he was shot and killed. You can't say "how many..." because there is no way of saying.

• Advertisement

cheesedude wrote:
    eminem clearly for me. He is an absolute amazing mc.

As for scuba steve who must have swallowed too much sea water when he went scuba diving and this gem of a comment

He sold more albums dead than he did alive because he was shot and killed. You can't say "how many..." because there is no way of saying.

Scuba steve is right man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Who is the better rapper from this list and then you give "none of the above" as an option.. :boggle:

Meh, I'd say Eminem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

wow a poll! i love these, i cant wait till someone makes a "Which Gangsta rapper are you?" quiz.

I vote snoop, because i dont care for eminem although he is skilled, dre is a preposterous nominee for best rapper and i never liked tupac much,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

AH For me even though it was short-lived( with the AIDS thing and all) I always loved Eazy for his style. I love Dre and N.W.A. is the shit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

echomadman wrote:
    wow a poll! i love these, i cant wait till someone makes a "Which Gangsta rapper are you?" quiz.

LMAO

snoop, his delivery is the illest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Dat cheese guy tinks hes all dat and a bag of crisps,jus coz hes a moderator guy.I can say "how many", is there a law against it? **** naw. Stick dat in ur blunt and smoke it. Ya u heard me, i said blunt

haha go on scuba steve stick it to em 2pac forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

2Pac for me, I outlined why about 43 times alreadly on this site. 'Twas a hard choice between him and Eminem, Marshall Mathers LP was savage and is my favorite album out of them all. I liked the Eminem Show as well.

Dre; he isn't a rapper. He was a DJ, is now a producer and he his (best) lyrics are written by others.

Snoop; His G Funk stuff was the best and he pops up on the odd good single. He's nothing special nowadays though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Seriously Dre is a weak rapper with horrible lyrics.He doesn't come close to the other three.

I would say Eminem for his excellent and original lyrics although 2pac had that emotion and anger and Snoop had that original casual laid back style.They all aded something special to the rap scene.

Dat cheese guy tinks hes all dat and a bag of crisps,jus coz hes a moderator guy.I can say "how many", is there a law against it? **** naw. Stick dat in ur blunt and smoke it. Ya u heard me, i said blunt

Yeah that's exactly it. "tink hes all dat and a bag of crisps."

I know you are from retardo land but you think your from compton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

How's California Cheesedude?

I can't believe 3 people have voted for Dr. Dre as the best rapper.

David19 wrote:
    How's California Cheesedude?

I can't believe 3 people have voted for Dr. Dre as the best rapper.

Absolutely Kickass man. I am loving it. Off to Santa Barbara tonight, should be fantastic!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

More Pills God Damn It!!!

Where Are They?! I Can't Find Them!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

cheesedude wrote:
    Absolutely Kickass man. I am loving it. Off to Santa Barbara tonight, should be fantastic!!!!

Sounds good man. I'm off to San Francisco on the 21st. We're heading down to San Diego after 3 nights in San Fran. Can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ice2900

2pac all the way although he always contradicts himself he had the best flow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Darth Brawl

Kristok wrote:
    You should get a lifetime ban for starting yet another bloody poll. That said 2pac by far apart from the posthumous realseas which are 90% rubbish, snoop stills lives off the success of his first (amazing) album and just brings out singles with filler albums. Eminem is good lyricly but has not been on form since his second album and dre is an amazing producer but is no rapper but as has been said has a good voice for rap.

thankgod some1 said it, why wud u make a poll with such limited talent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

what a waste of a thread....dunno why the hell this **** is even up...
    anyone that voted for anyone other than 2pac as being the better rapper should go back under the ****in rock that they have been for the last few years...
    it was once said "All you rappers out there owe 80% of your success to tupac and the outlawz"
    rap was around before pac but 2pac made rap what it is.....not this **** today..with the likes on snoops gay new style,eminem's taking shots at everyone **** etc
    there are millions of reasons to as why pac is the best and i aint gonna even start
    those who voted for anyone other than him shouldnt be allowed to have an opinion
    peace

yak_kadafi wrote:
    what a waste of a thread....dunno why the hell this **** is even up...
    anyone that voted for anyone other than 2pac as being the better rapper should go back under the ****in rock that they have been for the last few years...
    it was once said "All you rappers out there owe 80% of your success to tupac and the outlawz"
    rap was around before pac but 2pac made rap what it is.....not this **** today..with the likes on snoops gay new style,eminem's taking shots at everyone **** etc
    there are millions of reasons to as why pac is the best and i aint gonna even start
    those who voted for anyone other than him shouldnt be allowed to have an opinion
    peace

Nah Rakim made rap what it is today and theres been plenty or rappers,if not on the west side,that have surpassed Tupac is technical skill and flow.He was better then Dre,Eminem and Snoop though.

Orizio wrote:
    Nah Rakim made rap what it is today and theres been plenty or rappers,if not on the west side,that have surpassed Tupac is technical skill and flow.He was better then Dre,Eminem and Snoop though.

nah man dont agree..
    rakim in my opinion hasnt done anything as big as 2pac............although his flow is good his technical skill doesnt come near tupacs and how could i have forgotten to mention yaki kadafi...died at 19 rip but man was he talented..I think had he lived he would have surpassed any rapper.....you really gotta listen to some of his tracks..notably the ones on son rize volume1 and when it came down to pac and him sharing the mic they were definitley a deadly combination

• Advertisement

rakim in my opinion hasnt done anything as big as 2pac............although his flow is good his technical skill doesnt come near tupacs

Its all about infleunce imo.Its obvious Tupac acheieved more then Rakim,Rakim lost it after a few albums and tupac was in him prime till his death.Compare albums,hits,awards then Tupac wins hands down.But ask Nas or 50 who infleunced them most then it will always be the likes of Rakim and Marley to come out of there mouth.Rakim was the father of modern rap,the literate and fluid rap we here today and heard throughout the 90's from the east coast.If they battled,both in there primes,i think Tupac would win but thats just opinion.
    and how could i have forgotten to mention yaki kadafi...died at 19 rip but man was he talented..I think had he lived he would have surpassed any rapper.....you really gotta listen to some of his tracks..notably the ones on son rize volume1 and when it came down to pac and him sharing the mic they were definitley a deadly combination

The outlaws dude?I'll check him out,2pac had some excellent rappers backing him up.

Orizio wrote:
    The outlaws dude?I'll check him out,2pac had some excellent rappers backing him up.

I LOVE THE OUTLAWZ......IT WAS GREAT TO SEE SO MANY DIFFERENT STYLES COMING TOGETHER INTO ONE SONG................STILL EVEN TO THIS DAY YOU GOT NAPOLEON AND FATAL (FORMER OUTLAWZ) WHO ARE ON FIRE ASWELL AS THE 3 REMAINING OUTLAWZ IN THE GROUP...REGARDLESS OF HOW MANY ARE LEFT THEY ARE ALL STILL THE OUTLAWZ.....
    WHAT YALL THINK ABOUT THE BONE THUGS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Just to the left of A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

i think 2pac's songs are amazing,but cannot wait to go and see eminem at slane:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭kanibus

this is the worst choices ever they are all ****,except for snoop and em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭SonicDoom2005

You got it all wrong guys..... lemar is the best rapper ever...... :p (please note the sarcasm)

Seriously 2Pac 4 life. Snoop Dogg is only a tall lanky fool who ain;t no gangsta...

• Advertisement

have you heard his freestyle on lyricists lounge?when you do come back and say that^LOL

[rant]
    Mods, seriously can we not put some sort of ban on 2Pac topics or something?!

Nearly every ****in post has something about 2 ****in Pac! Can you not just ****in forget about him for **** sake!!! I'd say 90% of the posters here know **** all about hip hop outside Aftermath/ Death Row/ Shady!!!

Why was 2Pac the greatest?!

Cos he had the best lyrics? No!

Best flow? No!

Most charisma? : / meah,

Got shot? Yes

1, 735, 872 post-humous albums? Yes

If you based the greatest rapper ever on him being charismatic, being dead and having his "legacy" bastardised after his death then you can go and **** off for all I care! I really can't listen to any more of this ****in' ****e! And I don't give a ****in' rat's arse what you think about me for saying it!

I'll get berated for saying all that but at least I can think for myself! There's a bigger picture out there for **** sake!

:mad:

[/rant]

Oh yeah, I'll also provide online tuition on grammar & punctuation for all the gangstaz that need it! I mean for **** sake will yis actually read what yis type before posting and then...don't!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

lol, scary part is that its true, a ban on 2pac would do wonders for this forum tho.

Indeed it would, alas I can't ban someone over it.
    It's their right to like him and to post about him if they so wish. Of course if they break the charter rules then they are gone but until then I can do nothing.
    You don't have to read the posts, but I have to go through it all to make sure it's suitable, so you know, spare a thought. :p

how about instead of baning people for talking about something they are intrested in or about 2pac you just split the section into old school and new school (or something along them lines) and people who have such distain for newer rappers or tupac wont have to read the posts at all and can just talk about whatever they are intrested in and not bother the rest of us.

• Advertisement

Of course I don't want anyone banned for posting about 2Pac. I was just venting my frustration of having to read ANOTHER post about him. I've no problems with people's preferences but this board is almost like a fan board as opposed to general rap/ hip hop board.

Mak, please accept my apologies I was only thinking of my own selfish self :(

:D

yeah this pisses me off 90% of the posters in here know NOTHING about any other rappers but 2pac!

He was all about contreversy so he got alot of media attention so people would see him in the paper and be like"He a gangsta,he cool,i wannabe Tupac,Ill listen to pac and people will think im ****in hard".
    Well tupacs lyrics were ****in ****e and you would need to be living in the ****in "Hood" to know what the **** he was talkin about!
    Tupac lovers like songs;not rap.They all like "changes" and do not appreciate real ****in rap.The real rapping is freestyling or battling not these ****ty ****in gay songs!So **** tupac and all his little ****in bum chums om this site!

AyCee no apologies necessary and Kristok that's not a solution either.
    The problem isn't 2pac, the problem is fanboys, and that's what we have here fanboys, who know only one thing and will not open their mind to anything else.
    Kanibus you need to relax.

Fanboys?

Tell 'em Steve Dave!

Whats wrong with so called fanboys ? so someone likes 2pac or eminem or whatever and thinks everyone else is rubbish its still their opinion and baning them for being passionate fans of a certain rapper is redicilous, the amount of abuse new posters get around her is madness and its no suprise imo that the hip hop section on boards is so small dispite the ammount of people who actually listen to this music in ireland. People should only be banned if they get abusive towards other people, flame or troll otherwise this place is going to get real dry.

OK, look at like this then.

If I only ever seen Liverpool play a game against Poolaphuca Pub's Sunday B Team and Steven Gerard scored the only goal. And from that I decided that he was the the greatest player ever to ever play the game it wouldn't be right! I'd be missing people like Pele etc. etc. Ignoring greater players from another era or players that play on other teams is then the true meaning of ignorance - lack of knowledge

Having an opinion is fine but when your opinion is contrary to the bigger picture surely it's validity is slightly weakened?

If someone thinks metalica is the best band ever noone would say their ignorant yet around here thats all that seems to happen. The problem here is some people like certain newer rappers and others like older rappers and there are only a hand full of people in between. But its the people who like the newer rappers who get labled as ruining this board for not knowing "The Roots Of Hip Hop". People need to just accept that not everyone listens or wants to listen to what they do and get on with things instead of calling each other ignorant etc.

This isn't Old Skool Vs Nu Skool.

If someone told me Metallica were the greatest band ever but couldn't name but 2 or 3 other bands and couldn't give valid coherent reasons why they thought so then yes, I would say they were ignorant!

I've no problem with Nu Skool MC's as long as they bring something interesting or original. I have all Ludacris' albums, Kanye's was one of the best I've heard in a long time. I don't wanna hear the same sh!te all the time. That's where I have a problem.

Kristok nobody is being banned so please stop bringing that up.
    Fanboyism is not a good thing, it's based on ignorance and pig headedness. Fanboys offer nothing to a forum but the same old shíte they harp on about.
    Nobody likes a fanboy except you it seems.

Me like faboyism ? Nope but at the same time im not bothered by it, im more bothered that people actually think that baning talk of 2pac would be a good thing for this board (not that its happening) but the fact is you guys think its a good idea.

• Advertisement
Advertisement