Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is their any Boards.ie merchandise ?

Options
  • 27-05-2005 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering, as with many public sites like this is there any boards.ie merchnadise ? the likes of t-shirts, mugs, mousemats etc. ? I just thought i would be kinda cool to wear say for instance a t-shirt or baseball cap with boards.ie and maybe a sort of customized one with my username for instance, i am not sure or not was this sort of thing there before or not. It would be nice to wear the logo i think as many other websites have got merchandise available.
    Think about it.

Regards netwhizkid
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

There was at one stage a shop selling tshirts, mugs etc....all that ****e.
    Can't find the link now (if it still exists)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

That'd be cool ok. Good idea. I wouldn't mind wearing a boards.ie t-shirt or baseball cap.... it'd also be good advertising for the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

There used to be a shop link on the front page. Went ages ago. Think mugs, mouse mats and t-shirts were available. If I remember correctly there may have been a t-shirt design comp before :confused:

Rabies wrote:
    There used to be a shop link on the front page. Went ages ago. Think mugs, mouse mats and t-shirts were available. If I remember correctly there may have been a t-shirt design comp before :confused:
    So why is it gone then? Just ran its course or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Presume it just wasn't bringing in the revenue that was expected. Tried to search for a thread about the closure of the shop but the search function is gone for coffee, back when it feels like it :)

• Advertisement

FAO DeVore and the Administration team

Guys, any chance that we can have a shop for buying merchandise again? I'd love to buy a t-shirt!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Indeed, it would be interesting to wear a boardsie tshirt around and see if people stop you and ask you what your nick is...

/me wanders off into a dreamworld

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

"at least it detracts from my t-shirt...

C:\DOS
    C:\DOS Run
    Run DOS Run"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Indeed, it would be interesting to wear a boardsie tshirt around and see if people stop you and ask you what your nick is...

It's not good, people usually stare at you as if you had two heads :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

FuzzyLogic wrote:

My "I am ecksor's bitch" t-shirt drew stares wherever I was in Morocco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'd happily use a boards.ie branded suppository.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Believe it or not I contacted a supplier only 3 days ago about reinvestigating this.

The fact is that we used to do this but we used a supplier who basically ripped off the community with bogus bullsh*t delivery charges (about half the cost of the item in some cases) and we just told them to shove it. Then we used a t-shirt supplier who just didnt seem to give a crap. So we ditched them too.

We're all for letting people wear Boards designs with pride but I'm not about to let greedy ****s rip us off either. This new supplier seems on the ball and has good quality gear so we might well set something up. Its also a lot easy to set up a shop now then it used to be and online transactions are a little more integrated so we'll see where it goes.
    Ideally we'll have a range of Boards stuff stitched and on hoodies, t-s and other garments (kinda Fruit of the Loom quality) and then community submitted t-shirts that are one-offs and printed onto blank t-shirts to order.

Like a lot of the areas we have looked into, its either our way or no way, paying 20 quid for a t-shirt and 8 quid delivery is taking the mick.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Yeah funny that, I was only thinking the other day how I'd like a Boards.ie mug.
    But of course one where the logo doesn't just flake off little by little every time you wash it, like those cheap-ass tourist "I love where-ever" mugs :(
    I wonder can you get samples of this merchandise first, and give it the dev stamp of approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i want a half gallon mug for my coffee
    boards.ie logo optional.

i <heart> whitewashman would be nice though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

DeVore wrote:
    Believe it or not I contacted a supplier only 3 days ago about reinvestigating this.

The fact is that we used to do this but we used a supplier who basically ripped off the community with bogus bullsh*t delivery charges (about half the cost of the item in some cases) and we just told them to shove it. Then we used a t-shirt supplier who just didnt seem to give a crap. So we ditched them too.

We're all for letting people wear Boards designs with pride but I'm not about to let greedy ****s rip us off either. This new supplier seems on the ball and has good quality gear so we might well set something up. Its also a lot easy to set up a shop now then it used to be and online transactions are a little more integrated so we'll see where it goes.
    Ideally we'll have a range of Boards stuff stitched and on hoodies, t-s and other garments (kinda Fruit of the Loom quality) and then community submitted t-shirts that are one-offs and printed onto blank t-shirts to order.

Like a lot of the areas we have looked into, its either our way or no way, paying 20 quid for a t-shirt and 8 quid delivery is taking the mick.

DeV.

Hmmm.

Camden Clothing are good for doing up custom t-shirt prints and embriodery(sp?) on hoodies/caps etc. They do the stuff for Warpcon and Gaelcon ;)

Problem is I don't think they'd distribute it for you. So you'd have to have someone to package and send off the stuff according to orders on the site. Considering people would be paying for the stuff, it's doeable, just find someone who's trustworthy and give them some stipend for doing it.

DeV what cost would you have in mind for a boards.ie t-shirt... roughly? i think €15 or so would be reasonable enough, plus the additional p&p of course.

By the way, what payment method have you in mind? I will only use my credit card online over a secure network (obvious really), however, i'm sure paying by cheque would be acceptable too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

steveland? wrote:
    "at least it detracts from my t-shirt...

C:\DOS
    C:\DOS Run
    Run DOS Run"

I thought it was Wang Computers?

I for one would never ever wear a boards.ie t-shirt, nor would I ever talk to anyone wearing one!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

you could have a boards.ie calander with submissions from users i.e. photographs, photoshoppage, paintings etc.

maybe a calandar based upont the boards movie posters or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭irishgeo

How about some car stickers!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmmm I can just see the "WWM ate my Hamster" tee-shirts now :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Lads are you serious, would you actually wear a boards.ie t-shirt or baseball cap??? Or are you all just joking? Seriously...?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

yeah, I would. Ive worn various cryptic tshirts over the years. (in jokes regarding atari, binary, slashdot, hhgttg, linux and so on)
    Sometimes people will "get" what you have on your tshirt and comment on it.
    For exmaple I have one that says "?=42", which lots of people understand.
    A boardsie one would be a welcome addition to my collection.

hmmm fair enough...whatever your into i suppose.

LOL I have one of the older ones. The Boards guy done Che style with a very small boards.ie on it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I think a t-shirt or hoody with the boards.ie eyes would be nice. Wouldn't be too blatent, would be recognisable by any members and would look better than just plain text.

Would you not find it weird if some random, dodgy looking punter on the street came up to you saying "hi whats your nickname?". *cringe...*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

cheesedude wrote:
    Would you not find it weird if some random, dodgy looking punter on the street came up to you saying "hi whats your nickname?". *cringe...*
    Personally, not really :D

As for "What ever you're into" I don't really see the difference between wearing a shirt with the logo of your favourite website, or your band, movie, TV show, whatever else people wear them for.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

ehhh cheesedude:

indenial.jpg

tbh

cheesedude wrote:

Naw thats what Boards Beers are for :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

Gordon wrote:
    ehhh cheesedude:

indenial.jpg

tbh

Not really. You can post away on forums all you want blah blah, but buying clothing from that website and proudly wearing it around the place is really bent.

Also Fuzzylogic, I hate people like you :P

Advertisement