Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letshost.ie ??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

irlrobins wrote:
    mine doesn't :(
    Well you could always move ....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

mmm yea, hosting365 looks good.....:p

Yea prob move hosting from US provider to irish one when it's up for renewal later this year....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

check out http://www.servage.net/ - With them and they sound out there.
    When signing up with them i didn't bother getting a free domain as I didn't have time to be thinking of one that time. Asked them the other day if it was possible i could get one now, they said no problem. Nice and friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Happy letshost customer here have had no problems with support through phone or email. Couldn't find a better price anywhere else after a week of googling and posting in the hosting forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Price isnt everything .... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Stevebyrne

Thanks guys for the help.
    I'v worked it out roughly as...

Letshost.ie
    5 add on Domains
    webspace 2000mb
    transfer 99gb
    price 72 euro with tax per year

Blacknight
    2 Domains
    webspace 100mb
    transfer 3gb
    price 42 euro with tax per year

Hosting 365
    2 Domains
    webspace 1000mb
    transfer 10gb
    48 euro with tax per year

Please correct me if I'm wrong as I said I'm new to this.
    They all look good to me just need to decide which one.

Lethost have 5 add-on Domains i'm looking at this as being able to host 5 domains on there own, that would be nice.

Let me know what you think.

Stevebyrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you want to discuss your options call the hosts in question and speak to their staff.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

You should also factor in:

- stability of the company (financially and logically)
    - SLA's and support levels (freephone support?)
    - uptime record
    - georgaphical location of servers (impacts seo and performance)
    - Infrastructure (a provider renting space / servers has little or no control when a problem happens)

As Michele said, and it depends on how important the sites are to you, call or visit the providers and decide then.

Price for space is only a good metric when what you are hosting is not important to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Things2do.ie

If it helps their business, which I will verrify I am no part of in any form, nor do I supply their hosting to my clients, but I have used them myself on several websites.

Letshost.ie - No joking are the best webhosting company I have come accross, obviously operate your own descretion and others may wish to, but I know about 10 people on their servers, no downtime even noticed (including one site with hits in excess of 1,000,000 per year), lots of space and very well priced .ie domains (something about 40e I think). I personally use them because whenever I ring, even at 10pm on a Sunday, their seems to always be someone their, it is a small business alright, so you won't get support at 2am or during lunch, but as far as my trasferral of my other hosting account, all I did was hand them the keys and within 24hours, they had the service polished, working and entirely upto date with all software upgrades on my services.

I was highly impressed...

But again, feel free to operate your own caution on these things, and I don't gaureentee or support the service...

(And yes, even I smile and wonder at how they do it, but all payments clear, and .ie are notified on time, so I like seeing big things for little cost!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Things2do.ie

One thing though, their servers are US based, but apparently are fully Irish owned and administrated...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 obrienb

I use letshost.ie for registering domains. They are the cheapest I could find in Ireland and I'd rather use an Irish company for my domains. Everything dealing with them has been speedy and painless.

The reason I don't host with them is because I have found such a bargain with a Dubai based company whos servers are based in Chicago. http://www.micfo.com, even their most basic package beats the professional package of most hosts. For my most recent site I paid just over €200 (for 4 years) for 5GB of webspace, 250GB if bandwidth, domain name, cpanel (like letshost uses), dedicated IP address, etc. It works out as €50 a year. It cannot be beaten, I've looked extensively but nothing comes close. If you go into the live sales chat and ask about the daily specials they give you a coupon number to either increase bandwidth, space or give you a discount. I got a 10% discount in my last dealing with them. I have used them for hosting for several sites and there has never been a problem.

The reason I use letshost for domains is because I have two for each site (say a .com and .net) so that if something happens to my hosting company and my domain is lost (because they own it and 'give' it to me for free) I still have a backup domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

ive use letshost.ie to buy more than 10 .ie domains in the last few months and ive never had any problems with them.

Not only is the service excellent they are great value too.

Keep it up letshost.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Huzzah, dragging up year old threads on a topic that is banned across this entire website.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement