Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Studying

Options
  • 27-05-2005 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Ok, there is a week and a half left till the Leaving cert. Some of you maby on the same boat as me others not, that being not done enough study.

I've been doing a small bit to get by but i need to really put in a huge effort over the next week. So i am just looking for some studying guidelines, not how to study but what to study, i don't want to be wasting my time going over stuff i don't need to know here is the subjects i'm doing

English(H)
    Irish(O)
    Maths(O)
    French(H) but i tink i;m gona drop to ordinary
    Physics(H)
    Construction(H)
    Business(H)

Ok for english I'm going to study Dickson Yates and Boland, Hamlet, gona do cladius, revege

Irish, Faoilean, Bincheol one what else????

Maths, Just gota slog throught them really don't ya, but any hints about certain questions coming up?

Physics: Prolly need most help here as i've never passed physics yet (coz i have done no work for it,) i doing a bit now and feel more confindant, I'm gona learn simple pendulum, Boyles law, Joules law, snells law, SHC, and a few others, But and other ideas what experiment coming up and any ideas about definition coming up coz i gota bank on thease i'm useless at the maths in physics,

For construction: Gona do planning permission, disibility access, pipeing, sewage pipes etc, and learn out house drawing and dimensions.

Business: Contracts and ratio's and EU, anyone know any other topics coming up for this??

Please post wots most likely to come up or anything usefull to study, Gona look over the examination papers a good bit,

O yea and I'll prolly drop to pass french so what the paper like and what do you think is coming up in it???

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

I wouldnt recommend dropping to pass French, you've stuck with it this long, may as well do the paper. Besides isn't it too late to change?
    Phyiscs: Look over Snell's law experiment

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you can change your mind and sit the ordinary paper on the day of the exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

This years french is tipped to be really easy after last years abomination, or so I am told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

if your looking for predictions, check the predictions post.

Tips on studying? I've never used this site but i'm sure there is some useful information here.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Johnerr

only looking for about 40% in (H) french so i'ed be happy to do pass and get a b1 or an a2, Yes i've stuck with honors til now, but i have not done anyone work for honors i'm way behind with my written expressions and they listning will prolly be pretty hard aswell

Yea i've look at all the predictions posts and all that, but i want to know what you guys are studying,

I've only studied Dickson for english and i don;t even know that much about her, I tink i'll go over 3 other poets to be safe,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Johnerr wrote:
    only looking for about 40% in (H) french so i'ed be happy to do pass and get a b1 or an a2, Yes i've stuck with honors til now, but i have not done anyone work for honors i'm way behind with my written expressions and they listning will prolly be pretty hard aswell

Yea i've look at all the predictions posts and all that, but i want to know what you guys are studying,

I've only studied Dickson for english and i don;t even know that much about her, I tink i'll go over 3 other poets to be safe,
    Dont kinda half look over four poets. Learn Yeats and Dickenson and Boland in profound detail as one of them are destined to come up. Also, dont go learning off notes about the poems, read over notes but learn off the poems, so if you're thinking of something to say you can recite the poem in your mind and you'll always think of loads to write.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Johnerr

Thanks yea, thats a pretty good idea. Loads of qoutes. What are you studying for Hamlet? Cladius tipped?

Advertisement