Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Flashpoint 2 Screens

Options
  • 27-05-2005 10:21pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I'm surprised there isn't any discussion on this, since I've seen more than a few mention the original as their favourite.

So here's some screens, courtesy of the ever industrious Avon Lady

http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/ofp2/ofp2gallery.htm

Bear in mind that this isn't the same as Armed Assault a.k.a OFP v1.5, and that the name is going to change to something else since Codemasters own the Flashpoint name, which they're going to use to produce their own Flashpoint 2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I personally can't wait for this. The original was probably the closest thing to real army combat even though the graphics were dodgey. They still ain't top notch in this but they are a hell of a lot better. Anyway, flashpoint was never about the graphics. Hopefully she plays well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Bohemia are developing so thats TGFKA op Flash 2 as far as any fan or the original is concerned, check the op flash board ^ hosted Public Opflash

kdjac

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

KdjaC wrote:
    Bohemia are developing so thats TGFKA op Flash 2 as far as any fan or the original is concerned, check the op flash board ^ hosted Public Opflash

Sorry, but I never noticed the Op Flash section before, so feel free to move this if appropriate. Though leaving it here might get the game more of the attention it deserves. On a different note, aren't the screens in your thread from Armed Assault rather TGFKA OFP2?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Spear wrote:
    Sorry, but I never noticed the Op Flash section before, so feel free to move this if appropriate. Though leaving it here might get the game more of the attention it deserves. On a different note, aren't the screens in your thread from Armed Assault rather TGFKA OFP2?

Anyone care to explain what deal is with Armed Assault?

Matt

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Matt Simis wrote:
    Anyone care to explain what deal is with Armed Assault?

Matt

BIS were working on an improved version of the original for the XBox. After disagreements with Codemasters this version morphed into Armed Assault for PC and XBox instead. It is not Flashpoint 2,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Depends which way you look at it :) Codemasters own OP Flash name Bohemia made it, Bohemia making Armed Assault or TGFKNA Op Flash 2 :D

Codemasters got another dev team to make Op Flash 2, think Goldeneye Rogue Agent, or Champ manager type crap.

I buying Armed Assault tbh.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

some of the screens look really ****...
    ofp2_20050520_19.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah loved the orginal ....have it and the 2 add on packs. Hope this one leaves up the orginal in terms of playability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

i loved the orginal too there was almost an endless amount of custom addons, missions, etc!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I really want to finish the original. Thought it was excellent. You can forget Silent Hill, Resident Evil and Doom 3. When you and your squad have just cleared a village and then hear tanks heading in your direction in the distance, thats the scariest gaming moment ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Mother of god! Mother of GOD! This looks bloody fantastic, I had totally forgotten about OFP2 for months - the original is my fave game, ever.
    I cannot wait for this baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I really want to finish the original. Thought it was excellent. You can forget Silent Hill, Resident Evil and Doom 3. When you and your squad have just cleared a village and then hear tanks heading in your direction in the distance, thats the scariest gaming moment ever.

Yeah I used to love missions where you had to take a town and then defend it as their reinforcements try to take it back. Frantically laying mines before the tanks came, hiding with your law when they do.

Loads of really cool custom missions too. Played some really funny IRA ones with rebel music and really bad acting too. Braveheard music and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

BloodBath wrote:
    Loads of really cool custom missions too. Played some really funny IRA ones with rebel music and really bad acting too. Braveheard music and all.
    Where did you get them from??? was it a website or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

it was such a fantastic game . . . i mean, heart pumping, on the edge of your seat! fantastic!

Any idea of a release date?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

wait wait WHAT!!!

Bohemia is NOT developing OPF2? What sort of blasphemy is this? If this is true, the game will most likely not be up to standard; without the polish and perfection bohemia put into everything. My high hopes have just been slashed.

Can anyone tell me what bohemia are actually doing at this point then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

the opf2 engine is still being made by bohemia as they own the engine in its entirity, all codemasters own is the name.

all game content will be developed by codemasters for op flash 2.

however givin the fact that it was BIS who made the original content included ill be going with armed assault (which is using the same engine that op flash 2 will be using without whatever modifications codemasters make to it)

<edit> both are set for release fall 2006, but i consider armed assault to be the true op flash 2 as codemasters will probably screw it up.

Advertisement