Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with GPRS on XDAII prepay

Options
  • 27-05-2005 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

I've been on to o2 and GPRS has been provisioned on my SIM. They sent me the settings (same as in the sticky). It just won't connect. Same with a mate's XDAII although it's only started failing for him in the past few weeks.

Any idears?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

you might have to go customer care to "activate" it in your new phone, just call them and ask them to reset the settings on your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

That's what I meant by 'provisioned' above. I called them and they said that everything was as it should be on their side. I'd imagine that if there was a genuine problem with the network I'd have heard something by now. So I'm guessing it's something on my side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Back up all the info you have on it and do a hard reset. There is a very simple set-up, when you are doing it just select pre-pay instead of post-pay.

Hi,
    I've spent a considerable amount of time investigating this and got no further. I have done a factory reset and select Ireland and pre-pay options when prompted. Still not able to connect to the Web GRPS (WAP via GPRS is no problem).

I've scoured the web and have found others in the same situation. One thing I did see was to put a contract SIM in, connect, disconnect, remove contract SIM and replay pre-pay SIM. I'll try that this evening. At this point, I'm trying to determine if there are any diagnostics/logging that I can enable to see what might be going wrong. In my mind there is no problem with GPRS per se as I can connect to pp.wap.o2.ie for WAPing but connecting to the 'internet' APN results in failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

I can connect to pp.wap.o2.ie for WAPing but connecting to the 'internet' APN results in failure.

for O2 Ireland Internet Access Points, the post pay one is internet, pre-pay one is pp.internet

just to check the one you have set is pp.internet?

• Advertisement

Yup. Even tried open.pp.internet and open.internet which, I believe, were the old ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

was there an open.pp.interent APN? open.internet is for post-pay and still works grand (it's a different APN to the regular internet one for certain connections that may be required)

have you tried your sim in another device that can make use of the pp.internet connection (either directly or acting as a modem) and tested it?

have you asked them to re-provision your pre-pay account for GPRS Internet access (pp.internet)?

Advertisement