Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download/Upload limits with Eircom

• 28-05-2005 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭

Alright this will seem a stupid question to most of you so I had a quick search but found nothing so I thought I'd open a thread anyway.

With the download limit with Eircom, the package I'm on atm the download limit is 8gbs, how does uploading effect the limit? When I go to check my limit on Eircom the percentage used of my cap only takes downloads into account, in other words it says around 60% taken when I've downloaded around 5gb, if that makes sense.

Anyway, I've uploaded around 2gb, now it's not taking this into account but do Eircom? In other words how much uploads am I allowed? Do Eircom add downloads and uploads together and it's just the counter is wrong or do they completley ignore the amount you've uploaded or is there a second cap for the uploads?

I haven't really expressed myself well but hopefully you know what I mean, and yeah I know it'll probably seem a stupid question but I had a quick search and found nothing, so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Uploads aren't represented in the bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Uploads aren't represented in the bar.

So I have to add the uploads and downloads to know where I'm really at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

They're seperate caps anyway. Not too sure what the €ircon one is but so far they havent charged anyone for going over anysort of limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Slash/ED wrote:
    So I have to add the uploads and downloads to know where I'm really at?

they dont affect your limit anymore... so you can ignore them completely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Ah excellent stuff lads, cheers for the help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Upload and download limits are independant of each other, the point being that in general use much less is uploaded than downloaded. There is a second cap, which is represented in text, but not a graphic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I uploaded 5GB's this month. Is that a lot? I have 89% of my 16GB cap used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Do Eircom actually charge you if you exceed the download limit? I've been well over pretty much every month since I got BB and I don't think they've charged me a cent so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Do Eircom actually charge you if you exceed the download limit? I've been well over pretty much every month since I got BB and I don't think they've charged me a cent so far!

please PLEASE use the fecking search function, there are TONS of "do eircom charge for going over the limit" threads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Or this. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

eircom have no upload limit at all. and afaik if u are on their dearer package, u can download what u want also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

CorkMan wrote:
    I uploaded 5GB's this month. Is that a lot? I have 89% of my 16GB cap used.
    At 13kb/s
    Most impressive,helps the ratio no end ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

roflmao ^^^

a good anti-leecher lol.
    as long as you havent downloaded 100GB+ lol.

Advertisement