Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

House of Wax

• 28-05-2005 12:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭

Holy crap, I was scared ****less!

And Paris Hilton was surprisingly not bad in it! Although hehehe, certain scenes really screamed I've done this before! (in reference to her little night vision film debut) :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Paris was awful in it! Her acting was so pitiful next to Elisha. Plot made sense, I didn't find it very horrifying though, but it was done well, so not too bad a film, and nice to see Paris die

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Redrocket

ok havnt seen the movie yet but....
    Fozzy wrote:
    nice to see Paris die

:D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p:p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

paris was supposed to be playing one of those white "thug" chicks.... but instead, she played herself. she should go back to pr0n, imo

the film was formulaic and... well, crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I thought it was above average. Given the severity of some of the deaths in it, I'm really surprised it only got 16s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Wow, this film was literally twice the movie I was expecting.

It was the same tired old forumula, in that you could tell everything before it actually happened.

But the whole idea, of the wax town, and the part where their friend is at the piano, and although hes alive but unable to move anything but his eyes, they start peeling off bits of his face by mistake.....creepy and sick.

Was actually worth the fiver for a ticket, I was honestly pleasantly surprised by this movie. Some great death scenes, that were fairly graphic for a movie that was rated 16's.

Thumbs up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Thought it was decent enough for the type of film it is.
    The deaths in it where pretty good and some of the gore
    Elisha Cuthbert's finger tip being snipped off
    was pretty cool without going too over the top.
    The effect of the house of wax being made of wax and
    subsequently melting
    was really well executed I thought.
    Chad Michael Murray as a tough guy doesn't work though, he's just comes across as a sap.
    It's amazing in these films how characters get over the deaths of their friends so easily.

It's amazing in these films how characters get over the deaths of their friends so easily.

Also quite amazing that someone has absolutely no after affects of having the top half of their finger cut off and their lips glued shut.

I presume we can put it all down to extreme shock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Anybody see this film? Great stuff IMO. Very good idea and some really cool scenes!! The acting could be better (Paris Hilton was in it!!) but it was really good!! :D

Reviews?....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I wouldnt entertain anything with Paris Hilton in it. Especially not tripe like that. Sorry.

Don't get me wrong, Paris Hilton is a terrible actress but she's not in it that much (I think she did it foir the half-strip scene)..

SPOILER: it's funny when she gets a pike stuck in her head!!

the bad thing about the film is that everyone dies so quickly....:(

• Advertisement

There is already a thread of this, next time look rather then post pointlessly

The search button isn't working so **** off you culchie wanker...just cos I'm a 'newbie' here....*rolls eyes*

You've been here a lot longer than Mobile.

Oh and this is the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The search button isn't working so **** off you culchie wanker...just cos I'm a 'newbie' here....*rolls eyes*

You wont last too long if you continue posting like that.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

You'll also be gone pretty quickly if you insult one more time like that. Consider that a very clear warning, k?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I just saw this today, as have seen pretty much all the other flicks that were on at that time.... Anyway I was surprised, in a good way.

The ridiculousness of the whole thing was laughable, but that just added to the entertainment of it all...

Worth a watch imo

ixoy wrote:
    You'll also be gone pretty quickly if you insult one more time like that. Consider that a very clear warning, k?

wow, these boards are so heavily moderated...

ha ha

*yawn*

chump wrote:
    I just saw this today, as have seen pretty much all the other flicks that were on at that time.... Anyway I was surprised, in a good way.

The ridiculousness of the whole thing was laughable, but that just added to the entertainment of it all...

Worth a watch imo

I agree.
    Was funny the way they could deal with all that pain so easily. Your man, Vincent (or Bo?) was shot with an arrow and still managed to get up and try and kill them!! And the girl? She had superglue on her mouth and had her finger chopped off!! ha ha!!

It was still really good even though it was so far-fetched...I wish they didn't kill all of them off!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

KillaQueen - Spoilers..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

I saw HoW last week and I've got to say that I really enjoyed it. I found the deaths refreshingly inventive and nicely shocking, and the "twisting the knife" scenes added a nice piece of menace to the film.
    EG: When Vincent pushes the knife further into Blakes neck with his foot, or when he videos Paige's body. Oh, and Elisha's finger snipping scene was.......unexpected to say the least, just like her hardships in the town. I was sort of expecting her character to be scared but not much more. Thankfully, that wasn't the case!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

what a ****ing waste of €22 :mad:
    was only worth going to see for
    paris getting a big pole stuck through her (ooer) and the house melting
    the night vision cam scenes with paris were so ****ing cringeworthy i nearly left the cinema early for the first time in my life
    the popcorn was tasty and i enjoyed my 7 up though...

Advertisement