Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nova 946 off the air?

• 28-05-2005 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Anyone know the scoop on this.. Are they off the air for good or just for a while

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

DUBLIN: Nova taken off air by ComReg
    Nova 946 are off the air following actions by ComReg against their studio and transmitter sites yesterday. The dance music station had been broadcasting around the clock for many years, and were the last of the full-time pirates left in Dublin. ComReg also seized equipment from the Sun FM/Jack FM site.

from www.radiowaves.fm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

So are there ANY stations/programmes servicing Dublin left at this stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

KevIRL wrote:
    DUBLIN: Nova taken off air by ComReg
    Nova 946 are off the air following actions by ComReg against their studio and transmitter sites yesterday. The dance music station had been broadcasting around the clock for many years, and were the last of the full-time pirates left in Dublin. ComReg also seized equipment from the Sun FM/Jack FM site.

from www.radiowaves.fm

THat's a great pity. Now it's top 40 or bust. Or whenever I can pick up Ministry but i haven't picked that up in my car for 2-3 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭2tel1

Dammit. Whats the story, will they be up and running again? Nova's OK could be a bit boring at times. Still it was only a good thing. Its a shame there can't be more pirates. Someone once told me that if you dont advertise they pretty much turn a blind eye towards you.

Remember Kiss. Is that still on? It was pretty crap imo. Hard housed all the time! But I think it was better back a couple of years ago??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

CD player > all radio stations.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

kiss changed its name to club and has now changed it too pulse, originality is mind blowing. Might get it after 6.

Ministry is only really on at the weekends now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

That REALLY blows. I was afraid that was what happened but havn't had time to check radiowaves. Nova was a genuinely really good station; proper music and DJs. I hate the shortsighted regulation ruining this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭2tel1

Anima wrote:
    CD player > all radio stations.

Nah still think ya cant be a good old pirate.

Id love to set one up in the future. It aint rocket science as far as I know. I know a guy who set one up, and the broadcat range was about 5 miles(pity he was playing sh1t). I done some work in college on this type of thing aswell. In general it would be a nice thing to do. No top 40 at all!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Nova is a pretty poor station imo, so no great loss.

Power however was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

daRobot wrote:
    Nova is a pretty poor station imo, so no great loss.
    Power however was great.
    Poor relative to what exactly? This isn't the golden age of dance pirates no more, and even if it's not your cup of tea I fail to see where you'd think they could vastly improve? Sure they had the same MDs playing in the mornings, but as far as I'm concerned they had 24-hour tunes, plenty of live shows; with a fair amount of variation and no TOP-40 sh!t during the day. None of their DJs had amazingly unsuitable voices, and their ads were tolerable. Plenty of giveaways too.

Why would you diss one of the few who managed to stay on? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭v-deniso

I have to say I still miss Sunset 106.8 from back in 92/93...With the likes of DJ Pressure & Mark Kavanagh etc playing.

This station got dance music out to the general public before it closed and became Club FM...Never really was quite as good after it changed its name and music style in my opinion.

Advertisement