Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stupid/embarrassing question

Options
  • 28-05-2005 11:19am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

right I cant remember the code to make a new frameless window pop when you click on a link. the only code i can remember is to have one link per page working but not multiple pop up links and the sites google has to offer are of no help as they dont work

can someone please post up a WORKING code example

thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You don't mean this do you:
    function pop1(){
    window.open("/gr/home.htm","news",'toolbar=no, location=no, directories=no, status=no, menubar=no, scrollbars=no,resizable=no,maximize=no, copyhistory=no,width=910,height=680,top=0,left=0');
    }

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

that site aint got what im looking for goneshootin and no thats not the code gordon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

target="_blank"

edit:
    put it as an attribute of the anchor tag.

tarket blank will only give a new window, not a new "frameless window" - which by that I suppose he means one with now address/status bar etc etc.

The window.open command in javascript can be tailored to do that. Google it

• Advertisement

thanks goneshootin if ye could email pints id buy ye one :-)

Paypal me €3.50 and we'll shake hands on it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Do remember that most people now use popup blockers.

yeah but most popup blockers will allow a popup window to open if the user clicks on a link to open it

Advertisement