Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FINAL BILL FROM EIRCOM !.. At last.

Options
  • 28-05-2005 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

FINAL BILL from EirCoN ! at last..

Just received my final bill from EirCoN after having been using U.TV Clicksilver & Telephony for a long time.

What a relief, now U.TV will be able to implement their one bill for all services, properly, and I should have no more communication from the telecom operator from hell.

Great :D

P.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They'll be bangin at your door as you come out of the shower some morning Paddy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Yep - got mine as well AND it seems to be right !!!

that's a first :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Still paying eircom for rental since joining UTV in November and no end in sight.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Same here.

One question however, my bill stated that Eircom owes me money!!!!

Will Eircom send me a cheque for this or credit my bank account, or am I being over optimistic and I have to go hunt them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

You'll have to hunt it down. Ring em up and ask for a cheque to be sent out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Will Eircom send me a cheque for this or credit my bank account, or am I being over optimistic and I have to go hunt them down.

My guess is a lady and gentleman form Eircom will arrive at your front door (appointment arrange previously) at the correct time and will wait in their car/van until you arrive back from the shops and will then help you in with the shopping bags and kids, sit you down, make you a cup of tea and then pay you in cash for the correct amount they owe you. ;)

Now that would be a first!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

It took eircon 4 months to send me my final bill which I received in April. They are supposed to issue a cheque if there is credit showing on the final bill. This is the case with my final bill, but no cheque yet! Don't hold your breath :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They will probably claim that admin charges would eat up the refund and therefore there not bothering.

Maybe they are thinking that we will come back to eircom in the future and hold the credit in that event?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

bk wrote:
    Same here.

One question however, my bill stated that Eircom owes me money!!!!

You should do. Don't expect it anytime soon though.

Took them exactly 4 months to send me out a cheque for €25. I had written it off tbh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Bond-007 wrote:
    They will probably claim that admin charges would eat up the refund and therefore there not bothering.

Maybe they are thinking that we will come back to eircom in the future and hold the credit in that event?

When I cancelled my BT line in the UK years ago they sent me out a cheque for the 1p that they owed me. Now I'm sure that it cost them more than that to post that to me, but I never cashed the cheque in though.

Would probably have got charged by the bank for paying it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Nice to see your finally free paddy (and alive and well to boot :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Many thanks Dustaz,

Yes it is hard to kick the bucket , when you are as angry as I still am with that unmentionable telecoms shady operator.

I am still mad as hell at having had to pay them a large bill for call's to a premium line number, when it is clear from the itemised bill that the time lapse between all the sequential call's could not have physically been made by a human being. The call's had to have been made by some type of scam autodialler that had hijacked my telephone line and number.

Still, they are now the REAL LOSER'S as I and most of my circle no longer have any dealing's with them, and have pledged that no matter what type of Rat Arsed offer they might offer in future.

Nothing would ever entice us back to the unspeakable.

All the best, and I hope you are keeping well :) .

God bless.

P.

Advertisement