Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cannot Access My Router

• 28-05-2005 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hello,
    I have a D-Link 624 router and a Belkin network card. I used to be able to acces s the router via 192.168.0.1 to change the settings now I cannot.
    As I am essentially useless at this does anyone have any advice?

Regards and thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Why can't you access it... wrong username / password, can't view the page, need more info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Gavin1

Sorry for the lack of info, I cannot call up/view the administration page for the router. When I type 198.168.0.1 it times out.
    I have a NTL cable modem connected to the router and from the router to the PC.
    I am running XP SP2.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Have you changed your local ip address?
    Try;
    Hit start, run, type in cmd, hit return.
    type in "ipconfig".

Under "Ethernet adaptor local area connection" you should see "Ip address" followed by a string of numbers. If these numbers arent 192.168.0.something , that's your problem. In this case you need to go to Start, My Computer, hit "My network places" on the left, then "View network connections". Now look for your "Local Area connection", right click on it, hit properties, in the middle box scroll down to "Network protocol". Double click on that and change your ip address to say 192.168.0.23. Now try and access the router.

Thanks for the response.
    Unfortunatly everything seems as it should be. My IP address is from Windows is as it should.
    In the properties of the network card, obtain IP address automatically is selected is this correct?

Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Might be, might not, I'd advice trying changing the ip address to 192.168.0.23 and see if it works (your DHCP server might be broken), if not you can always just set it back to the "automatically obtain" option.

I assume you've tried rebooting the router? Ie pulling out the plug or hitting the power off button if it has one, it might simply have crashed and needs to be restarted again - happens sometimes with my commercial routers.

• Advertisement

Hi again,
    This did noy seem to work. the error was about connection was refused check the proxy settings.

I power the router off every night.

Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

could be proxy settings, check internet explorer, tools - internet options - connections - lan settings. just untick everything in there.

try pinging the router to see if it responds: from dos (start - run - cmd) ping 192.168.0.1

see if it gets a reply, if it says "destination host unreachable", try disabling your firewall if you have one

also could try manually configure your ip address, along the lines of: IP 192.168.0.5, subnet: 255.255.255.0 , gateway: 192.168.0.1

I got it to work. I had problems a while back with NTL and they gave me a new proxy to enter.

Thanks very much for everyones help and time.

Thanks again.

Advertisement