Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yamaha Beams 3sge and Toyota Celica???

• 28-05-2005 1:44pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys the brother has a 95 Toyota Celica,stunning car with full kit,lowered to the hilt and huge alloys a real looker and quick too.
    The thing is he himself has been looking at mags n stuff and noticed celicas from the same period for sale which contain and are being advertised as having a "Yamaha Beams 3sge" engine onboard.These models seem more expensive than those not advertising the beams engine.
    Can anyone in the know shed some light on this engine please?
    Also he has noticed a yamaha badge somewhere on the engine and i think he mentioned the 3sge somewhere also but i cant be sure ,ill check that one out with him.
    So to sum up anyone any info on the Yamaha Beams 3sge engine? or more so anyone with this engine ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 analturbo

From the bit that i know the Beams engine your talking about is from the Celica ss3 models. They sport the Yamaha Beams engine which stands for "Breakthrough Engine with Advanced Mechanism System". Basically their a more powerful engine. I'v a 96 jap import Celica with probably the same engine as your brothers and their about 177bhp while the Beams tuned engines on the ss3 models are 220bhp. Thats where the extra money is added on. Its the Celica most people who know about Celicas want. Had I known it'd have been the one I bought:(
    Also if he saw the Yamaha badge on the side its cos all 3sge engines are made by Yamaha, but the "Beams" tuned ones just have that bit more kick:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

The Toyota Atezza also has a BEAMS engine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Holy Thread Resurrection Batman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

old thread - but useful info all the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Holy Thread Resurrection Batman

The man had to wait over 3 years for a reply!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

wonder if he still has the same car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

And I now have a celica with the BEAMS engine in it :D

==========
    www.celicaireland.com

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Don't bump ancient threads to pimp your sites

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement