Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool to wear badge of honour

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Board@Work

I've been saying for years that we should also wear stars over the crest.. now one big star for 5 wins..

Is there anything stopping us from doing that??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

markororke wrote:
    I've been saying for years that we should also wear stars over the crest.. now one big star for 5 wins..

Is there anything stopping us from doing that??
    I noticed Milan had one star on their shirts Wed night. I was wondering what that was for???
    Is it a similar thing to World Cup...a star for a win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

yeah, cos AC Milan have only won the European cup once. good man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Italians just like wearing stars :). The national team has one star for each World Cup I think. I assume the AC one is for the 5 wins. But Real have won it 9 times and no sign of a star for them. Perhaps they're happy with the royal crest or waiting for 10.

I think Liverpool should put something on their jersey to signify that they're in a select group of 3 teams who can boast 5 European Cup victories. But I don't like the crest on that site. I would prefer a star myself - an understated emblem of historic magnificance. :)

[EDIT] Actually Italians teams are given a golden star for every ten scudettos they win. Juventus have 2 stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

Liverpools Jersey that they wore in for all the European games a few years back has 4 stars on it above the crest it was a different jersey to the one they wore in the Premiership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Its a little blunt isn't it?
    Just having the cup and a 5 beside it?
    Stars would be classy, or crests or something, but just the number 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

Forest have two silver stars on their shirts last season - as its the 25th year since they won the cups...... it didnt bring us much luck though :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

can they were this new badge in the Premiership....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I dont know why they dont put 5 stars all around the crest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

robz150 wrote:
    Liverpools Jersey that they wore in for all the European games a few years back has 4 stars on it above the crest it was a different jersey to the one they wore in the Premiership.

Was just thinking bout that, as I sit here wearing the jersey :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

You're such a tease to everyone who wants it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Lex Luthor wrote:
    I noticed Milan had one star on their shirts Wed night. I was wondering what that was for???

The stars on Italian clubs shirts is to do with Serie A, they have 1 star for every 10 times they have won Serie A. If you look at any of the Italian teans who have wone it more than 10 times thay have 1 and Juve hav 2 coz they have won it 28 times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

dor83 wrote:
    The stars on Italian clubs shirts is to do with Serie A, they have 1 star for every 10 times they have won Serie A. If you look at any of the Italian teans who have wone it more than 10 times thay have 1 and Juve hav 2 coz they have won it 28 times.

Yup. The star on the Italian league teams shirt signifies 10 league title wins.

The bullseye crest on the shirt signifies the domestic Italian cup winners.

The italian flag in the shield is the 'scudetto' which signifies the italian league champions. As far as I know the 'scudetto' isn't a cup, but the right to wear the italian shield crest on your shirt....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Lex: Im fairly sure they won it 6 times so have they lost five stars somewhere?

Advertisement