Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stero system

Options
  • 28-05-2005 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

Right here is my dilema.

We have just had the garden done and we have put in some nice decking over looking the hills of wicklow. We intend to spend some nice evenings out there to just chill and relax. What better way to relax than some soothing music or easylistening in the background.

What i am looking for is wire free speakers. I am thinking blue tooth or somthing on those lines.

Does anyone know if such a thing exists, i am guessing that they exist but i dont have a major budget, and where could i find them.

cheers

nanook

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

What exactly will the wire free speakers achieve that a portable CD player won't?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Just get external speakers.... wire them to your main system.... Why Wireless? Just stick decet cables under the decking.... since you're building anyway.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

sorry should have been more specific

I would prefer not to have any system out there
    There is no electricity wired to the decking
    I only want a minimalistic presence there

I know it sounds stupid but i just want somewhere to relax and chill with friends and family.

Cheers John but the decking is built and the decking is about 15foot away from the house.

This is just an after thought.

Another thing is i dont want to have music lifting through the house to get to the area in question, dont want to be a noisy neighbour

You dont need power for just speakers.... You would however need power out there if you were to have wireless speakers.

Boss Do nice out door speakers....

John

• Advertisement

Have a look here...

http://www.kelkoo.co.uk/search.jsp?catId=100164013&siteSearchQuery=outdoor+speakers&kpartnerid=KB_8902875_1387410_203_1.0_200504121009

You can't have it every way.... Dig a channel through the grass, Get some cable, you don't have to worry about protecting it, as it wont carry current, although you could if you wanted, the pack the grass/soil back into the channel dug. Then Mount the speakers on the decking.... or sink them into it, depending the type you get.... It's rather easy.

John

cheers john.
    some good info there.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

There is a reason that tannoy systems sound awful - the materials for creating nice sounding speakers are just not compatible with being outside 24/7.

I still don't see what any of this gives you that a cheap portable radio/CD player doesn't. If you must play music from a massive server based collection then you could try one of the FM broadcast add-ons to say an iPod, but I believe they contravene the radio broadcast act here.

If you abosultely need stereo separation then buy a portable with detachable speakers.

I'm not talking about tanoy systems... I'm talking about proper speakers.

John

Advertisement