Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Singer Songwriter seeks live radio sessions

• 28-05-2005 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi

I am releasing a single in Oct and I am looking for live radio sessions around that time-both local and national stations too.

I play live with a bodhán player called Sinéad Heffernan and our sound is really fresh and different.We recorded some new songs last week with Andy Reynolds at CeolNua in Cork, and they will be up on my website within the next few days...but at the moment, please feel free to check out the songs that are currently on my site.

Claire!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

You could have a look at the Trinity college radio station, I did a couple of sessions with them a while back.

http://www.trinityfm.com/

i don't think they'll be doing anything until october, but if you give them a shout now that'll give you plenty of time to organise something with them.

And also the Tallaght IT radio station
    http://www.ittfm.com/html/sessions.htm

i'm having trouble getting to the site at the moment, but that might only be temporary.Again I don't know when they are next recording, but theres a couple of places for you to start.

cheers
    D

www.dermotbyrnemusic.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ClaireMcDonnell

hey Dermot

Thanks a mill.I will check them out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Hi Claire,

I'm only writing this now as it's better that someone express an honest criticism and concern about your perception on how your music sounds now when you can do something about it.

I hate to be a drip but your sound isn't as fresh and different as you might think it to be. Whoever has taken care of your mix on the track on CPU with Sinéad playing bodhrán has really screwed up. Your lyrics are also terribly repetitive and the themes come across as very predictable.

I hope you don't take offense - I know it's very difficult to work on songs when you're dealing with a constantly changing musical core and production team. I'd suggest maybe working with a semi-accomplished lyricist and producer to tighten everything up before you go in for the final push on a single/album release later in the year and the accompanying promotional efforts.

If you're happy enough to go ahead with your self promotion at the moment you might want to contact Dublin City Anna Livia 103.2FM. Their number is 01-8658020. They have a couple of programmes where they feature new Irish acts etc. B.J. is the stations managers name and if he's not around I'd suggest you speak with John or Julian.

Cheers,

Gil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭bbop

youe best bet is to contact local stations about sessions, as far as i know all these present shows that play new irish music
    Edel Dooley ( Beat Fm)
    Colm O Sullivan (Red Fm)
    Nathan Murphy (Galway Bay Fm)
    Mike Knightson ( Live 95fm)

they might give u a plug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ClaireMcDonnell

Hey thanks bbop will contact them soon!
    cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

NEAR fm 101.6 in North East Dublin.

http://www.nearfm.ie

They have a trad music program called The Rocky Road which is pretty good.

Their phone number is (01) 867 1016.

Advertisement