Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leave pete alone

Options
  • 28-05-2005 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

I think we should all start a petition aginst george byrne from the evening helard and have him excommunicated from music journalism.
    he slagged of pete doherty the best songwriter around at the mo and then went on to talk about how talented avril lavinge is. whaddya say girls and boys?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Aidan Lynch

Aww, I thought this thread was gonna be about Sinister Pete. I was gonna hurle some abuse at him.

Ah well, I'll have to pm him instead :D:D

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

I think we should all start a petition aginst george byrne from the evening helard and have him excommunicated from music journalism.
    he slagged of pete doherty the best songwriter around at the mo and then went on to talk about how talented avril lavinge is. whaddya say girls and boys?
    Pete Doherty writes songs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Sweetness!

I agree with you, I'll sign the petition!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

I second sweetness' opinion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 elburro_grande

sorry to disapoint paul. but why would you hurl abuse at sinster pete he is so cool ... well he's cool at least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Jiminy Cricket

I say Mr Byrne has my vote on this one.

Don't worry Elburro, it's all in good taste.

Nothing he doesn't deserve anyway :D:D:D

P.

He doesnt buy into the hype that YOU all do about Mr Junkie Just Above Average Talent and as for Miss Lavinge her ability to make he wanna have her babies is a considerable talent.
    Not that I am pro George Byrne, I'm just anti-hype

Well,just because he's a junkie doesn't mean he can't write good songs.You kinda have to pity him,its really sad,such a wonderful mind gone to waste. God avril lavignes babies!? They'd sound soooo squeaky and moany! :eek:

spiderlegs wrote:
    Well,just because he's a junkie doesn't mean he can't write good songs.You kinda have to pity him,its really sad,such a wonderful mind gone to waste. God avril lavignes babies!? They'd sound soooo squeaky and moany! :eek:
    True he does have talent and it always is a shame to see it go to waste on the brown filth but I've seen too many of those abstards ruin peoples lives to pity them. As for Miss Lavignes babies, Im more interested in the mechanism required to make them but that goes for any fit lady given the present weather.....

• Advertisement

Dirty rotten young man ;)

thats the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Lavinge.
    Heehee. :D
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Epid

Seriously though, Pete D, I have no sympathy for you.

First of all the libertines were a PR invention. The average review for the first album were forgotten about when they released their second when the muppet was championing, drugs, band fighting and stage invasions.

One of my siblings has the albums and I sat down to see what all the fuss is about. I find it hard to spot the talent, true this is one mans opinion however they have achieved little success outside of the UK where going out with Kate Moss apparently guarantees higher record sales. It would be interesting to see if they have actually sold that many, however we all now success is not based on sales.

I saw an article in a sunday paper with the headline 'Doherty's final fling with Kate'.

Now I imagined this was indicating they broke up or had one last go at it or something irrelevant.

However it was how Pete spent the night in watching the European Cup final with Kate. This is the level of journalism and attention he deserves.

Tormented genius? Stupid eijjet I say.

And since when does not turing up to your gigs cause your wasted on smack or lying half dead in a toilet make you cool, or your music any better.

Its all show/stories and very little substance, cant wait for the babyshambles record!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭grimey

memaeve wrote:
    Lavinge.
    Heehee. :D
    xm

Lavinge the minge.

Sorry :rolleyes:

grimey wrote:
    Lavinge the minge.

Lavigne's minge

grimey wrote:
    Lavinge the minge.

Lavinge's minge

More like mangey lavigne..........

Do you know something we don't?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

scarfacemj wrote:
    Pete Doherty writes songs?
    What he said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 LeonaK

I too am horribly disappointed.. was keen to hurl insults and abuse at Sinister Pete. Wait for me Paul.... ;)

Hey Leona,
    Hope you're well. Let's form an angry mob between the two of us... is that possible at all? I got my fix yesterday by hurling some abuse verbally, but we can still form an angry mob between the two of us, albeit a virtual angry mob... :p

P.

Excellent. I'll start.
    Where the **** is that ridiculous accent from?
    And wouldn't you THINK he'd cut his hair? State of him...

Woah there!
    This is in waaaay to deep for me - he knows where I live, ya know!

It's just too much too soon. Sorry. I want out.

P. :p

You log off anytime you like....but you can never leave

Ah for God's sake. No stamina!!! I can rant on like this forever - ask him! ;) Anyway.. see you sooooooon! Only seven weeks left :)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Sinister Pete

I HAVE been standing here the whole time you know....
    In fact I know where BOTH of you live. And Clarke... you haven't got too many places to hide.

And why in God's name should I measure my feet!?! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 elburro_grande

YEAH you tell 'em pete... i think :confused:

Pete just do as you're told without asking questions. It will be better for you in the long run.

Besides which.. if you don't measure your feet the geta may be too small.. and then where would we be?

• Advertisement
Advertisement