Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling IOL Broadband Trial

• 28-05-2005 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭

I'm going away for the summer, so I need to cancel my 3 month IOL Broadband trial, started in mid-April. I basically need to find out how to actually cancel it, since I can't get through to anybody on the phone, and I'm leaving on Monday morning. Is it just a matter of sticking everything into a box, writing a letter saying I want to cancel, and sending it all off to some BT/IOL Broadband address by registered post?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

I cancelled IOLBB+ trial last week by phone and sent the modem back to them on the same day by standard parcel post. If you can't get through to them by phone, you could try emailing complaints@esat.com , it usually get results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

Jilm wrote:
    I cancelled IOLBB+ trial last week by phone and sent the modem back to them on the same day by standard parcel post. If you can't get through to them by phone, you could try emailing complaints@esat.com , it usually get results.

Well, I've been trying on Thursday, Friday and this afternoon, but still no luck (not in the first 10-15 mins anyway). Have you got the address to send back the modem and webcam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

Bah wrote:
    Well, I've been trying on Thursday, Friday and this afternoon, but still no luck (not in the first 10-15 mins anyway). Have you got the address to send back the modem and webcam?
    IOLBB Modem Returns,
    c/o GLS,
    Oak West House,
    Oak Rd,
    Walkinstown,
    Dublin 12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭John Player

i need to cancel mine too, do i have to send back the webcam also or is that mine for keeps.

cheers
    luke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Webcam is for keeps, they just want the modem -- I kept mine, must say it is a pile of **** though, but its free

Be sure to write your phone number on the box or write it on a piece of paper on the inside, to avoid complications in the future!

• Advertisement
Advertisement