Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st time tattoo

Options
  • 28-05-2005 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Im thinking of getting a tattoo and was wondering whether it would be worth getting one of those temp tattoos 1st just to see what it would be like and whether it was right for me. the real question is: are temp tattoos an accurate representation of what a real one would look like? i wouldnt want to get a temp tattoo, decide i like it, then get a real one only to discover it looks completely different. i wont be getting it till at least next year so i have plenty of time to decide. any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Henna tattoo's don't really look anything like a complete real tattoo and you will have two different artists doing it so the work will be a bit different anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

There is no such thing as a temporary tattoo unless you mean henna.
    There were tattoos a few years ago touted as temporary but they are terrible and fade and leave a mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

henna tattoos, while they can be nice, are rarely done too well.. accuracy never seems to be that important, and if your tattoo's detailed or shaded or whatnot, there's little chance of it looking much like what you'll come out with when you get the real thing.
    before i got my first one i got a friend who's artistic-ish to draw it on where i wanted it in permanent pen every coupla days for a few weeks. it's an idea like..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Finch*

yeah thats a good idea, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

So, those six year tattoos (or 3 year or whatever) are actually just henna tattoos? A guy in my class got a 6 year one done last week, and showed me it today. It looks.....weird, the lines are kinda raised or something? Or do all tattoos look like that at the start?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Naa 6 year tattoos are not Henna tattoos. 6 year tattos are done at a different skin level than other tattoos so as your skin dies away it will gradually fade away but it will also look a complete mess for the last year whereas henna is basically like drawing on yourself with pen excpet it last a few weeks longer than pen

Advertisement