Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Queen and Paul Rodgers!!!

• 28-05-2005 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭

Ok, I dunno how many of you like Queen hbut I adore them!! Before all of you people say this: Paul Ridgers ain't replacing Freddie!! The great Freddie Mercury was THE best frontman EVER and no one can replace him but I went to see a great blues legend perform with Brian May (origional guitarist) and Roger Taylor (origional drummer) of QUEEN!! PLUS, I didn;t think Jamie Moses (extra guitarist) and Danny Miranda (bassist) would be so good!! I miss Deaky and Freddie but I must say it was one hell of a night!! Too bad they didn't record it...

Was anyone at this gig?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Here are some live recordings of the tour I came across

http://queenrocks.ru/stuff/audio.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Lets make as much money as possible, muses music mougul......

Well Paul Rogers has a voice, but he aint Freddy, still it'd be cool....bit on the ol cheesey side though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Alana wrote:
    Lets make as much money as possible, muses music mougul......

Well Paul Rogers has a voice, but he aint Freddy, still it'd be cool....bit on the ol cheesey side though...

Of course he ain't no Freddie (and it IS Freddie, not Freddy), but he's an amazing blues singer and he performed excellant at the dublin gig.

It was nice that they played Freddie on the screens during Bohemian Rhapsody (Freddie sang all of it except the rock bit after the solo).

Did anyone actually go to this gig? I was seated, unfortunately, at the balcony but the balcony in the Point is quite low and I had a great view!!

Brian hinted, during Love of my Life (which we all sang along to, great emotional ballad) that it wouldn't be the last time they saw Dublin!!!! :D

I am MAN wrote:
    Here are some live recordings of the tour I came across

http://queenrocks.ru/stuff/audio.php

Yeah, that's a great site but it doesn't have the Dublin gig (nobody seems to have it).

If anyone DOES however, I'd trade Frankfurt, Munich, Madrid and others for it!! Also have previous Queen only gigs such as tokyo 85/81/80 and many Magic Tour gigs. PLEASE give me a shout if you have the gig.

Obsessive Queen Disorder?

• Advertisement

probably!! :D

are you a fan? I don't post on queenzone any more but am a member of QOL forums. (and my own site, opf course, see sig)

I'm not a fan at all really but I don't hate the music

ahh...you shoudl listen to more of thei rmusic!!!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Potcher

yeah man i would love a recording of this gig would be willing to trade other shows or send blanks whatever

Cool, were you at it? If I remember I'll give you a recording when/if I get it!! Nothing at http://www.queenzone.com as yet...:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 HighburyHigh

What an absolutely incredible night. I must admit that I was somewhat cynical about the possibility of Paul Rodgers attempting to replace Freddie but I have to say that the show blew me away. Amazing night. Terrific atmosphere. Incredible gig. Surely a contender for gig of the year!

While the gig was not officially recorded, some recordings are popping up. Also some .avi's are now available. Check out www.queenzone.com

Advertisement