Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Foo Fighters

• 28-05-2005 8:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Been a big foo's fan for years now and have seen them live more than a few times, and personally I can't wait untill In Your Honour is released (set for a june 14th release date) A double cd, 10 acoustic, 10 rockish - Kind of has the feeling of an epic album. And after One By One, which had it's moments in places, I'm quite eager to see what the foo's latest effort is going to sound like.

On the same note, have had best of you on constant repeat lately.
    Kind of disgruntled though that quite a lot of people aren't too impressed with the song. To me, there a great type of melody, and I really think the song contains Grohl's best lyrics, or I mean, it was written very well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

I've heard a few songs off the new album and it's ok. Need more colour and the shape type stuff.

Everlong was the best song he wrote in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Tis good, you can get a lot of it already...if you know what a mean *wink wink*. Really like the nu single tho.kicks ass, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

I think the vocals in 'Best of you' are horrible. Its not the worst song but it isn't very good. He's giving it loads but he sounds crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

I'm pretty interested in the acoustic side. A lot of the Foos songs sound good when they're played acoustic, so I think it's gonna be cool to hear what Dave came up with after intentionally setting out to create acoustic songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Geiger wrote:
    I'm pretty interested in the acoustic side. A lot of the Foos songs sound good when they're played acoustic, so I think it's gonna be cool to hear what Dave came up with after intentionally setting out to create acoustic songs.

Yep I have the same opinion. I really like the acoustic elements to some of the foo's stuff. I think we could be in for something special in a real acoustic CD :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭BleakestH

That Bestof You song is incredibly mediocre, Grohl is at his best when he's injecting a bit of light and shade into proceedings. The music sounds far too tame to suit the way he's shout down the mic for the entire thing. I haven't been enamoured with anything the Foo Fighters have done since The Coulour and the Shape, so my hopes aren't very high. Still, it might turn out to be good overall, but that song doesn't inspire much confidence imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I used to like the Foo Fighters. Then I saw them live. Twice. Painful experiences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I saw them when they played thier first ever gig in ireland back in 95 in the SFX, amazing gig twas. But as much as i dont like to say it, the foos have been on a steady downhill trajectory ever since colour and the shape. The first 2 albums are excellent, excellent albums, but they just got poppier and poppier after that..and now im just not interested in them at all tbh. And I am man is right, everlong > everything they did after that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

John2 wrote:
    I used to like the Foo Fighters. Then I saw them live. Twice. Painful experiences.

What the?!?!? How the?!?!? I didn't think that was possible! I've seen them 5 times, they're animal! Maybe it was the crowd I was with but EVERYONE seemed up for it (pardon that horrible english euphanism), it was great-they were great. I think Witnness has to be my favourite though, Mr Grohl slagging off Courtney Love, ah it was bliss...bouncing along to all them krazy songs...the sunburn that followed wasn't so pleasnt.mhe!

Then again this is only one woman's opinion. However women are always right so i win :) hehehehehehe (jk)

Alana wrote:
    I think Witnness has to be my favourite though, Mr Grohl slagging off Courtney Love, ah it was bliss...bouncing along to all them krazy songs...the sunburn that followed wasn't so pleasnt.mhe!

That Witnness show was one of the painful experiences. The other was at Slane. They just didn't do anything for me at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

John2 wrote:
    That Witnness show was one of the painful experiences. The other was at Slane. They just didn't do anything for me at all.

I wouldn't really have payed much attention to the slane gig, they didn't seem too interested in it either themselves.. Saw them a few times, but the most recent to the slane gig was a couple of months before slane in the point depot. Had to be one of the best concerts I've ever been at.

Starting to think the foo's really aren't suited to the whole outdoor festival thing...still waiting for in your honour though! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Ah the Food Fighters. Decent band, nothing special.... only really a great singles band IMO. ''Best of You'' is simply dull and probably the Foo's worst single to date but I hear the album does get better. The double album should be interesting with this half rock/half acoustic formula. Risky because ''One by One'' was a bland album which never got going and if they fupp up again.... well........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

John2 wrote:

I nearly went through the same thing.

The first time in The Ambassador was actually an excellent show. Then I saw them at The Point, which was very underwhelming in comparison.

Ever since then I haven't liked them as much I did before, One by One was just such a weak album (yeah, stuff definetly went downhill since Colour and the Shape). Haven't heard the new single, don't really want to.

But really, Dave Grohl should shut his gob and get back behind the drum kit.

But really, Dave Grohl should shut his gob and get back behind the drum kit.

Agreed. He's a mediocre guitar player at best but all the guest drumming over the past few years he's done has been fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Micky01

Who here attended the SFX gig's back in 95?
    Does anybody remember the setlists?

They didn't play the SFX in 1995, they played in 2001.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

John2 wrote:

I'm fairly sure they did. I don't think they played anywhere here in 2001.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Micky01

John2 wrote:

Yeah they did.

17 November 1995 SFX, Dublin, Ireland
    18 November 1

Whoops, do you know what happened there, I thought I was looking at a thread about Tool :o

That'll learn me for having too many tabs open!

Advertisement