Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tried everything ; BitTorrent still slow

Options
  • 28-05-2005 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Agh! I used to get grand speed but now, hovering around 10kb and 0 upload. I have tried opening all ports and specific ports on my Prestige, have set up port forwarding AND DMZ on my linksys router, and no joy. Firewall and antivirus disabling dont help either. Are IOLBB throttling? Frustrated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Whats the tracker status?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Agh! I used to get grand speed but now, hovering around 10kb and 0 upload. I have tried opening all ports and specific ports on my Prestige, have set up port forwarding AND DMZ on my linksys router, and no joy. Firewall and antivirus disabling dont help either. Are IOLBB throttling? Frustrated.

make sure you choose a popular tracker, with plenty of people seeding it. Try picking a popular one such as family guy season 4, episode 3 and see what speed you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Do you have your Internal IP configured correctly? I was having problems with that, I had my internal IP set to: 192.164.1.1 when it was actaully 192.164.1.2 . Was wondering for ages why it wouldnt work!

As L5 suggested, try a popular torrent. I'd recommend downloading something off http://legaltorrents.com , they seed all their files with a 100mbit connection so you should be able to max out your connection with one of the files!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭JohnMorrissey

No matter what tracker I try it happens. There could be hundreds of seeds but nothing. I have my LAN IP set to a static ip of 192.168.1.33 and all forwarded to there. The main worry is that it wont upload :s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

your ip must be forwarded incorrectly as without a doubt DMZ should fix this problem

go to start, run, cmd, type: ipconfig /all and take note of your ip address then go into your router and make sure you point the DMZ to this ip....

if u are gona try dmz though make sure you have a nice software firewall :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭wanwarlock

i thought using/discussing BT is illegal in here???

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

wanwarlock wrote:

There's nothing illegal about Bittorrent, what you use it to download is another matter

Thats like a group of people using Firefox as their browser when they download warez so people call Firefox illegal :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

it's not something silly like this is it?: http://www.speedguide.net/read_articles.php?id=1497

how well do you do in online speed tests?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

wanwarlock wrote:

http://www.filerush.com/

Bt is the future of filesharing IGN 3dgamers Eurogamer all using BT to host files, its makes sense.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭JohnMorrissey

I'm running SP1, and I'm positive that I have forwarded/dmz to the right IP. Could it be because I have set a static IP?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

KdjaC wrote:
    http://www.filerush.com/

Bt is the future of filesharing IGN 3dgamers Eurogamer all using BT to host files, its makes sense.

kdjac

Blizzard also using it for patching World Of Warcraft,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Its being used for linux iso's as well. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved to Nets/Comms.

Advertisement