Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shelbourne Rovers make new friends.....

• 28-05-2005 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Shels refuse to retract 'thugs' statement
    Saturday, 28 May 2005 8:24

Ollie Byrne stands by a statement by Shelbourne fans that blamed "thugs wearing the green and white hooped shirts of Shamrock Rovers" for violence at the Setanta Cup final

Shelbourne FC have reacted angrily to a request by the Shamrock Rovers 400 Club over allegations that fans of Rovers were involved in the violence outside Tolka Park during Shelbourne's Setanta Cup final meeting with Linfield FC a week ago.

Shelbourne chief executive Ollie Byrne said that he stood over his accusation that "certain individuals who regularly attend Shamrock Rovers games were involved in the incidents on Lower Drumcondra Road in a very provocative and aggressive manner."

He said: "Some Shamrock Rovers fans and fans of another Dublin club were ejected from Tolka Park. Shelbourne FC will sternly defend their position and are now considering legal action against the individuals responsible for the running of Shamrock Rovers FC including the 400 Club and its members."
    Email Services from RTE

In statement after the final, the Shelbourne fan club claimed that media reports of the violence had been greatly exaggerated and added that any violence that had taken place was carried out not by Shelbourne fans but by "thugs wearing the green and white hooped shirts of Shamrock Rovers or Scottish club Celtic."

This angered Shamrock Rovers fans who, through the Shamrock Rovers 400 Club, issued a statement demanding a retraction of the allegation.

Does he ever know when to shut the **** up?
    Will Rovers fans ever admit they are scum?
    FFS there was pics in every paper on monday of Rovers fan IN colours at the game.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

He's getting himself in trouble, anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

My fav line is "were ejected" So why were they let in? Oh Ollie you take their money then throw them out regardless.... whatta guy.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

there is only one ollie :P

there is only one ollie :P

heh heh When you stole our league the next game vs you when we scored i was right behind him. He had to be restrained while i taunted him :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

im fairly sure ollie byrne wasnt working the turnstiles when the fans got in now in fairness and also you cant turn fans away from getting into a stadium without a fairly decent reason

ah well funny stuff anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Yeah they can wear what they like but if they cause trouble kick em out ...

Also KDJAC .. I got a ban a while back for mentioning ManU scum in a thread .... seemly it offended some people ... perhaps you should retract your statement regarding Rovers fans ...

LizardKing wrote:
    Also KDJAC .. I got a ban a while back for mentioning ManU scum in a thread .... seemly it offended some people ... perhaps you should retract your statement regarding Rovers fans ...

Your basis for calling tMan Utd scum isnt actually true whereas mine is based on fact.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

How can you say ALL rovers fans are Scum ??? Theres a bad element to them definitively as there is with most clubs but not ALL of them !!

LizardKing wrote:
    How can you say ALL rovers fans are Scum ??? Theres a bad element to them definitively as there is with most clubs but not ALL of them !!

This weeks reason after the Pats v Rovers games i had to jump into a taxi FAST with 3 kids as the Rovers fans leaving the ground started running at a bunch of kids at a bus stop who were taunting them.

I didnt see any Rovers fans not run at them , Gardai had to surround the pats fans whilst the rovers fans were nicely ushered onwards.

kdjac

Advertisement