Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikaruga high score challenge

Options
  • 28-05-2005 11:11pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Lets see how this pans out. Post your score and how far you got. The rules are:

The score must be achieved with your first credit.

Option settings:
    Must play on normal mode
    Extension: type 2
    machines remaining: 3

Or to make it easier for you use the default options.

I was dreadful today. My score was 2161050 and the seconde level boss handed my ass to me on a plate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I'd give it a shot if I wasn't so bogged down with exams.

Plenty of time for Ikaruga in the summer...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You just can't stand up to the credit feeding might of retr0gamer!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Is anyone going to enter this or am I going to have to kick Retr0's ass come late June?

This should be easy...

cheow.. cheow.. cheow.. boom...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

I knew nothing of Ikaruga, so, I had a look at a video of it in action. Jeez, it looks fekcin' frantic! I presume its Cube only? Looks similar to Gradius V (which im still looking for and cant find). Wish I had a Cube and Ikaruga. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

copy of gradius V in game on dawson st. new. its not and old game at all. dunno how its so hard to find.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Loobz wrote:
    I knew nothing of Ikaruga, so, I had a look at a video of it in action. Jeez, it looks fekcin' frantic! I presume its Cube only? Looks similar to Gradius V (which im still looking for and cant find). Wish I had a Cube and Ikaruga. :rolleyes:

Both games are made by treasure, the best shooter developers ever :D

Ikaruga is available on the Dreamcast as well from japan if it's any help. You really should pick up Gradius V, it's fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Loobz wrote:
    Wish I had a Cube and Ikaruga.

Be very careful about what you wish for;)

Once you start to play Ikaruga properly you WILL start to cry. FACT, the game is harder than titanium locked in a freezer at the NorthPole!

@Retro: agreed about Treasure, bless their cotton socks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*acknowledges disclaimer*
    I wish for Ikaruga too. I'm half tempted to buy the Japanese version...:rolleyes:

Advertisement