Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audioslave, Out of Exile

Options
  • 29-05-2005 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Thoughts on the album?

I just picked it up yesterday, after about 4 or 5 listens I'm still fairly undecided.
    It's pretty much like the first album in the sense of, one or two good tracks but a pretty much average album all over, nothing special but nothing terrible.

Out of 10:

I'd give it a 6.

Favourite Song:

Currently, "Yesterday To Tomorrow"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

i actually really like it, not what i expected but in a really good way. it took me a while to get into it but i've been listening to it at work for the last few days and i really dig it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Like it, have to get an 8. Mainly due to Cornell's voice....goes weak at the ol knees..really like the version of like a stone at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

I'm not a fan of the bonus track. Worst version out of about 20 versions I have.. not a patch on any live version with the full version. pretty crap imo. I like the rest of the album though. esp. man or animal and all the Morello solos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Got this album t'other day, interesting it is. I really liked the frst album, all of it, and this one doesn't disappoint. I have to say it took a few listens to get them in my head but once they were there, there was no turning back. I'd also give it an 8. Out of exile (the track (2)) is pretty good, probably my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Personally I'm undecided, I like 'Out of Exile' and 'Doesn't remind me'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I quite like some of the songs, but the thing i find with Audioslave is it quite repetitive and then it becomes just plain boring. I got sick of the last album pretty quickly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I think its a good album really looking forward to seeing them at oxegen. Chris Cornells voice is something else best voice in Rock imo. Love Tom Morellos solos and riffs excellent stuff. Nobody does solos like him other lead guitarists should take note

Pity this album doesnt have any of the slower songs like I am the Highway or Like A Stone I thought they were excellent tracks. Because of that I would say the first one is slightly better but its still a very good album. 8/10

Advertisement