Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer in Dublin

Options
  • 29-05-2005 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭katiegordon

Ok so im on my summer hols from skool so far have not managed to geta job so what am i supposed to do for the summer!?!?!Any ideas???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Ok so im on my summer hols from skool so far have not managed to geta job so what am i supposed to do for the summer!?!?!Any ideas???

Get a job? hah!, join the club, here I am with 3 diplomas in IT, and I've been searching for months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Pearl666

yeah I've got one!!! stop asking people for advice on how to get a job and here's a theory apply for one!! OMG

god...why can't you just apply for a job yourself without having to ask for help and be a racist at that aswell....

Pearl666 wrote:
    yeah I've got one!!! stop asking people for advice on how to get a job and here's a theory apply for one!! OMG

god...why can't you just apply for a job yourself without having to ask for help and be a racist at that aswell....

I must have missed the racist comments? :confused:

check her other thread.....she was saying stuff why should the foregniers get our jobs and that they don't seak english...they need jobs, your just looking for something to do so you can have cash for partying,. their probably living on those jobs you self fish twat..

Pearl666 wrote:
    check her other thread.....she was saying stuff why should the foregniers get our jobs and that they don't seak english...they need jobs, your just looking for something to do so you can have cash for partying,. their probably living on those jobs you self fish twat..

I actually need a job to survive.

• Advertisement

I'm 14, I need a job cause I need new equipment of my drums and I want to add on to it.
    good luck with the job hunting Alcho.

its kinda hard to find one when your just 14. grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I remember that summer in Dublin
    And the Liffey as it stank like hell
    And the young people walking on grafton street, and everyone looking so well.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

is there such a thing as summer in dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭katiegordon

Pearl666 wrote:

Was not askin how to get a job!!!!!Gave up on dat idea.I was just askin wats everyone up to 4 d summer???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

without work i really cant see how to fill up 3 months of potentially sitting round like a smacked arse, maybe a sport or hobby and plenty of holidays and boredom although i daresay your friends are in a similar boat katie? so you wont be bored stiff alone at least
    is there such a thing as summer in dublin?

i believe that were in for a heat wave of some description this year

• Advertisement

grimloch wrote:
    without work i really cant see how to fill up 3 months of potentially sitting round like a smacked arse, maybe a sport or hobby and plenty of holidays and boredom although i daresay your friends are in a similar boat katie? so you wont be bored stiff alone at least

Hopefully sitting around in the sun all summer wud suit me just fine!!! :cool:

id did me just fine when i was that age, irish colleges can be good craic too if you can muster a fair force of friends to go along with you, that tended to be the thing to do in my day

How about an English Literacy course? :D

How about an English Literacy course? :D
    ha ha ha...................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

grimloch wrote:

yeah i hear it may even reach 15 degrees! and it might not rain for a whole day

I cant remember where i saw it but a legit heat wave like we had in 96 i think?

Either way hot weather doesnt bode too well with me seeing as i have to walk around town all day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Get off your a$$ and just apply to loads of places.

3 diploma's in IT dosen't mean jack poo, if you need a job to survive get a basic retail job or work in a pub / nightclub. I've been working since 96 and have never had a problem finding work, it's just a case of askign for a job.

I did ive NOWHERE left to apply for.I got one interview out of about 100 C.V.s and God only knows how many application forms.
    Well fingers crossed about that one anyway.I had to lie about my age to get it tho, even if i get the job theyll prob find out or something..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Did you type your CV out in text speak? As I doubt that would of helped your chances.

A lot of people try and get into big places that are never going to emply them. Local shops, tesco's etc. are the best bets. Usually over the summer some places can have a high turnover of staff with many taking holidays or just not being bothered with the work.

Winters wrote:
    Did you type your CV out in text speak? As I doubt that would of helped your chances.

A lot of people try and get into big places that are never going to emply them. Local shops, tesco's etc. are the best bets. Usually over the summer some places can have a high turnover of staff with many taking holidays or just not being bothered with the work.

Thats true, where i was working in a supermarket last year the staff turnover ws huge, over summer if you were going away for any length of time it usually wasnt worthwhile going back or you were just replaced

Pubs have a high enough turnover too

Lying about your age probably wasnt smart as places ive been tended to ask for my birth cert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

Funkstard wrote:
    I remember that summer in Dublin
    And the Liffey as it stank like hell
    And the young people walking on grafton street, and everyone looking so well.....
    Ban... Bangel... Bagetelle. Got it.

Advertisement