Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childish Text-speak

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

Text Speak is ok only if you're texting someone from a mobilebecause you only have limited space for about 100 letters/spaces, but this is not a mobile (sod carrying my P.C around with me)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

AH (and many boards) are suffering from a seriously bad signal-to-noise ratio. Txtspk is noise.

It's banned on Events, Programming, Rugby and After Hours (spot a pattern?), along with many other boards.

I've reduced Katie's ban to 1 week because she almost apologised in a PM to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It's a pity Victor didn't ban "The Fitz" for posting the thread title "What school u in?". The use of "u" instead of "you" was bad, but the trend for verbs to go the way of vowels is worse. I mean surely "What school are you in?" doesn't take THAT much longer to type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

Sleepy wrote:
    Why not just add the most used "txt spk" words to the censor?

So 'txt spk' would display as '*** ***' in any post. It still identifies the poster as a muppet and should help discourage people from using it.

now there's one of the most sensible posts made, good thinking :D

I second his suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Now that's one of the most brilliant ideas I've ever heard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Fantastic plan, i thoroughly endorse this product and/or service

Advertisement