Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal to offer Senderos a new deal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

tch - he ain't that good...... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

2010 is a long time :)
    They have also apparently made a bid for Robinho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

PHB wrote:

Read that the other day , hes an Arsenal type player would fit in quite well there altho very similiar to Reyes in playing style and Madrid also in for Robinho.....Madrid would prefer Reyes so........well its plainly obvious why Arsenal going for him :)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

PHB wrote:
    Really? I didn't hear of it 'till now. He'd be an awesome signing but, if a bidding war begins I doubt we'll get him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Senderos had a great season.

As for Robinho, He said in January that he didnt want to move abroad and he was happy in Brazil despite his mother being kidnapped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

andyman wrote:
    Senderos had a great season.

As for Robinho, He said in January that he didnt want to move abroad and he was happy in Brazil despite his mother being kidnapped.
    despite, or because of.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Tauren wrote:
    despite, or because of.......
    What ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

jank wrote:
    What ?

He staying to be with her.

kdjac

he means robinho is staying 'coz of he mother being kidnapped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i heard he already signed for real.

• Advertisement

Brazilian wonderkid Robinho admits that Arsenal have been in contact with his representatives about a sensational move for the Santos man.

Robinho has long been touted as the next big star to emerge from the historically football rich grounds of Brazil, and both Real Madrid and Chelsea are believed to hold a strong interest.

The 21-year-old has broken in to the Brazilian national setup after consistently dazzling displays for Santos, and has been praised by Pele amongst others for his prodigious technique and ability.

Despite initially remaining cautious about interest from Arsene Wenger's side, Robinho has now conceded that he is in talks with The Gunners and would love to play alongside French star Thierry Henry.

"Arsenal have been in touch with my people in the last few days and they have made me aware of the offer," Robinho told the News of the World.

"I am very proud that they are looking at me because a club like Arsenal doesn't come in for you every day.

"It would be a dream for me to play alongside Thierry Henry, we will continue to talk."

Arsenal will reportedly launch a £14 million bid for his services, and if Robinho makes the move to Highbury he would join the likes of Robin van Persie and Jose Antonio Reyes in a strike-force blessed with fledgling talent.

However, after being strongly linked with a move to sign the talented youngster in the January transfer window, Real Madrid remain at the head of the queue for his prized signature.

Seems he has rethought :)

He said it it today as in skysports.com so I don't think he's signed for anyone yet. Cmon Wenger get him!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

****ing hell!!!

It would be a great move for him and arsenal ;)

Supposed to be the next ronaldhino/kaka/ronaldo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Imho the next Pele

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

I don't think he's the next Pele. In fact Ronaldo had achieved more than him at the same age. Anyone seen him play? I've only seen him 2 or 3 times and not for a full game. I think he'll go to Real anyway. Not many Brazilians go to England!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

"Not many Brazilians go to England".

Sure in the last 6 years Arsenal have only had 4.
    Juan, silvinho, Gilberto and Edu.
    If Robinho wants to play alongside Henry, and these are his comments, it
    would be a great strikeforce for next year. Van Persie, Reyes, Henry, Bergkamp, Robinho, Aliadiere.
    Nearly drooling at the thought of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

If they sign Robinho I can see Reyes definately going to Madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

he said that his first choice would be to go to England, but I would be very suprised if Chelsea didnt manage to get him to sign for them considering they could just double any wage offer that Arsenal make and also they are the champions plus they could easily outbid Arsenal. Still though I would love for us to get him

Reyes isnt going anywhere they have already turned down 10 million which is what they paid for him and Wenger seems very adamant on the subject, usually if hes gonna sell someone he would keep his mouth shut but he sees the potential I just dont think hes worked out whether to play him left wing and make him Pires eventual replacement or to give him the forward role, I wish he would make up his mind as Reyes needs some serious confidence building work if hes ever gonna get close to his potential and a solid position and first team place will help him on his way. Summer months will be full of all this mad speculation

Has anyone seen anything from Madrid saying that they actually want to sign Reyes?
    I think he has been the weakest of all the young kids this year, besides his sizziling form at the start.
    Vicente and Joaoquin are much more likely options for Madrid, even Ronaldo was been touted by the Pres, but I have never seen anything from Madrid to suggest they want Reyes.

That radio hoax and what Raul said about him being the best left sided player. But, I hope he regains his form and confidence because I was a huge fan when he was at sevilla.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

I find it very unlikely that Robinho would go to Arsenal, it doesn't really match Wenger's purchasing profile. Though if it did, I see no reason why Reyes and Robinho couldn't play together.

Great news on Senderos, he's progressingly brilliantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

it was reported on a few of the websites a few weeks back that real madrid had a 10 million bid turned down for Reyes as far as i can remember

Advertisement