Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Indy 500

• 29-05-2005 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭

Anyone else tuning into the race? Its on Sky Sports 3 from 4:30.

Well its looking like its going to be one of the most competitve Indianapolis 500's of recent years. Easily 12-15 have a good shot of winning the race. Defending Indy 500 winner Buddy Rice misses the race through injury sustained in practice. 2004 IRL champion Tony Kanaan starts on the pole with Sam Hornish Jr. and Scott Sharp joining Kanaan on the front row in 2nd and 3rd. As the field goes on little separates the 1st 15-18 cars and drivers in terms of speed and talent so it should be really exciting.

Watch out for Danica Patrick. She (yes SHE) starts 4th and has been one of the fastest all month and is a great contender to become the 1st female winner of the race.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

Watching the pre-race show right now. Should be a good one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

WOW.......didnt watch the race....but when i seen that you said Danica (a woman was 4th) ...........i had to check her out!

AND BOY...............id let her drive my car any day!!!!

CHECK HER OUT

:eek: :D :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Yes, she can play with my "gearstick" anyday! ;)

I know, I know, I'm sorry, but somebody had to get in there with a smutty remark, didn't they, so I thought why not me! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Yes, she can play with my "gearstick" anyday! ;)

I know, I know, I'm sorry, but somebody had to get in there with a smutty remark, didn't they, so I thought why not me! :D

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There's alway one.....isnt there.....but toally agree with ya there Aiden :D

If any of you actually watched the race you'd be even more impressed :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Unfortunately, I don't have Sky Sports, gs39t, otherwise I would have been watching it for sure. And yes, I know what you're talking about, seems Danica did a hell of a job at Indy and came close to winning it, or at the very least finishing on the podium, except she started getting low on fuel near the end and had to conserve it and ended up finishing 4th. Great job all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Apparently there is alot of controversy about her weight since she is about 50 kilos lighter than the other drivers which makes the car go about 0.8 mph faster. The IRL don't count the driver's weight when the weighing cars so alot of people are moaning now. Aswell as being a tad hot she did an amazing job on Sunday despite stalling in the pits and taking out 3 other drivers. Some people are already talking about F1 for her!

The weight thing is bull - Robby "talentless hack" Gordon was just running his mouth off. F1 ? she may aswell just give her carear up now then - F1 is the last place anyone should want to go. Look at what Zanardi, and more recently Montoya did. When Montoya was in CART, when the green flag dropped he was GONE. Now he's in substandard machinary and another 'also-ran'. I really dont know how they call F1 the greatest series of all; every team is like another class.

OK, i kinda went off a little there but you get my point. Roll on Texas :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

If she's relying on a 50kg weight advantage she'd be hammered in a real racing series. I'm surprised she's going for the slapper style too. A woman would have a fairly unique angle on sponsorship, but I don't think they're too interested in sponsoring page 3.

Advertisement