Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

'95 BMW 320 windscreen

Options
  • 29-05-2005 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what a replacement windscreen for a 1995 BMW 320 Touring would cost. I'm thinking of buying one but it has a crack and the car is otherwise perfect.

Thanks
    K-TRIC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kermit_ie

Insurance..... Windscreen cover......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

About 400 so thats the valve of your barganing chip!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

kermit_ie wrote:
    Insurance..... Windscreen cover......

That's an option, but if it's cheap enought i will pay for it myself rather than getting through the insurance. I have a policey to think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kermit_ie

Usually doesn't effect NCB.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You are usually allowed to make about 2 or 3 windscreen claims against your insurance without effecting your NCB but it depends on your insurance company and the policy you have with them.

Use it as a bargining tool when buying the car and make a claim about a week after you buy it. A stone chip can happen anytime.

Alternativley get the goldenpages out and ring around a couple of places to price a windscreen. Mention that you are not going through the insurance. The price is cheaper when you pay through your own pocket.

• Advertisement
Advertisement