Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Balbriggan>> Options??

• 29-05-2005 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Eircom broadband is not available in my estate in Moylaragh amazingly??.Does anybody know any wireless sevices or anything that can get of this €26.99 dail up 56k 180hrs per month.>>>

Are them transmittors at the back of mortello tower's carrying wireless stuff as I am moven over there and might be in range of one of these services and I know for deffo that Eircom broadband won't work over there for sure
    :confused: :eek: :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am moving out to Martello soon too and so far Eircom seem to be the only option that I can find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 curieux2

ciarann wrote:
    Eircom broadband is not available in my estate in Moylaragh amazingly??.Does anybody know any wireless sevices or anything that can get of this €26.99 dail up 56k 180hrs per month.>>>

Are them transmittors at the back of mortello tower's carrying wireless stuff as I am moven over there and might be in range of one of these services and I know for deffo that Eircom broadband won't work over there for sure

???? I've got a colleague who lives in Moylaragh and he has DSL with BT ...
    I live in Castleland Court but DSL isn't yet available. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 curieux2

curieux2 wrote:
    ???? I've got a colleague who lives in Moylaragh and he has DSL with BT ...
    I live in Castleland Court but DSL isn't yet available. :mad:

Oh forgot ... I got this from Irish BB

To: "xxxx
    Subject: Irish Broadband
    Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 16:12:57 +0100
    Content-Type: multipart/alternative

Dear xxx

Thank you for your interest in internet connections from Irish Broadband. We don't have any specific plans to cover Ballbrigan area as we do not have sufficient coverage in the region so far.

If we find that demand in your area increases and we get a larger amount of inquiries in the future, it is more likely that we will install a transmitter in the area. Therefore, if you have friends in the area who would like to get connected to our Broadband service get them to register with us with us by e-mail, & Ballbrigan may become a priority for us in the near future!

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us by e-mail or on 01 481 8400.

Thank you very much for contacting us with regard to your broadband needs, and we trust that we will soon be able to cover your area.

Kind Regards,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I live in Bremore Castle, not far from Moylaragh and I have the 2mb service from BT. I would get them to check it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Saw a huge ad for Net1.ie in Gormanstown today - it appears from previous threads they do parts of north Balbriggan so they might be an option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Its called Gormanston dude.

Net1 coverage maps are crap, but if you ring the guy up he is actually quite helpful.

He got someone to come out and do a preliminary LOS test for me for free, in Slane, but said there was no chance.

Normally they charge for LOS test though, which I thought was strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

ballooba wrote:
    Its called Gormanston dude.
    It's !

Charging for a LOS test is a bit odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

ciarann wrote:

I have a friend living in Moylaragh lane and he has eircom broadband?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Splash12

I live in Castleland Court but DSL isn't yet available. :mad:[/QUOTE]

Hi Curieux2, I'm in the same place as yourself. I'm loathe to sign-up for an eircom line if I can't get broadband. Did you have any luck yet? Thanks.

Advertisement