Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Paper II - Geography WTF?

Options
  • 29-05-2005 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭

Why in the name of God did they put Maths paper two before geography? I only do ordinary level maths and I'm screwed for it just to give you an indication of how retarded I am when it comes to maths. I've got alot of geography learned like most geography students but I'm still planning on cramming the night before the exam and I have to do the same for maths now which sucks! Anyone else have two subjects they find hard on on the same day? (Other than English paper one and paper two and the like.)

Comments

Two words- Physics Accontancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

business and history on wednesday 16th, my last day! Nightmare....... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Finch*

french and biology

*cries*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

I thought I was bad but that made me cry.

I have that too, but trust me, Physics and Accountancy is the worst day. By far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Da_IRISH_ONE4U

Two words- Physics Accontancy.

I am the exact same... Physics Accounting are gonna be a ****! I dont believe students are given enough time to the accounting paper anyway... its so unfair!

Maths and Geography on the same day wont be too bad for me! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

i dont do history but i can only imagine how hard its gonna be having that and business on the same day, my heart goes out to you, and your poor hands.....

Maths and Geography on the same is probably the easiest of the lot imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

They always do that though... our teachers told us when we were in 3rd year to have a look at the LC timetable before we chose our exams, unless there was a subject we really really wanted to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

Yeah, nightmare. They should only have one exam per day.

• Advertisement

<Jonny> wrote:
    That would be paradice!

<Jonny> wrote:

The LC would drag on for ages it'd be horrible. Would also have to wait longer for results as the examiners wouldn't hae the scripts as early. It'd probably be hard for the colleges that start back in September to get everything in place in time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cessy

the only reason the LC is all crammed together is cos if it was spread out one exam per day it would cost the state more money ................money= root of all evil(i wanted to do a square rott sign but i cudnt :'( )

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I still think Irish Paper 1, Irish Aural and Maths Paper 1 is a nasty combination, since I'm doing both at higher, but I can see how some of the others are nasty! I also have Spanish and Chemistry together, on the 21st

Yes I agree but at least for Irish 1 we don't have to learn quotes and stuff. And Maths 2 is the easier of the 2 also.

For the mocks I had English 2 and Irish 2 on the same day! :eek:
    I nearly killed myself trying to learn off all of the quotes and stuff.

What quotations do you have to learn for Irish? I guess you have to know a few for An Triail or whatever you're doing in that section, but it's not that bad really. I do prefer Irish Paper 1 to Paper 2 though simply because you can just wing it, you don't actually have to know a lot of information really. I know you don't have to prepare for the aural much but I hate aurals! And I find Maths Paper 2 way easier than Paper 1. It's more that the second day is exhausting I guess, I mean day 1 is exhausting too but at least I really enjoy English so it's not as bad

Quotations from the short stories and the novel and things like that. I also meant to incorporate the learning of history too.

I find Maths Paper 1 easier that Paper 2 though. I got 100% for Paper 1 on my mocks, and 96% on Paper 2. (I made some stupid error with the Maclaurian series. :( )

Also, Aurals should BURN IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I just always seem to get the Integration questions wrong on paper 1! I don't know why, because I'm great at differentiation and at further calculus. Paper 2 is lovely though cos there's two discrete maths questions, probably the easiest questions on the course

And yes, aurals should burn in hell after having their toenails ripped out slowly

I always go wrong with the area part of integration too! Why, I don't know. It seems sooooooo simple.

Thank God it didn't come up on my mocks! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

my god i hear ya
    havent even started business yet (i know, dont give out to me)
    so i was countin on crammin the night before

history on the same day?
    YEAH THATS GONNA HAPPEN

"The LC would drag on for ages it'd be horrible. Would also have to wait longer for results as the examiners wouldn't hae the scripts as early. It'd probably be hard for the colleges that start back in September to get everything in place in time"

twould but we;d only have 10 days
    7 subjects (and then 2 papers for irish,eng and maths)

10 days.....sounds good to me
    and it is the stupid penny pinchin govt's fault

kinda off topic, but does anyone else feel have a bone to pick with the govt over that horrible bus crash?
    i go on a bus, n there are times when there are three to sit, thats two sittin down normally, and the other turned around clutchin on for dear life, we've got a psychopath for a driver who also has a thing for slammin on the brakes, so sore chins all around (specially with those stupid bars at the top of the seats)
    its jus horrible to think that they spent 50million on electronic voting crap that DOESNT EVEN WORK
    cop on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Business and History on the one day has got to be the worst possible. They're the two worst exams when it comes to time pressure. I can't imagine how sore your arm will be after that day! Difficulty wise not the hardest but still makes for the worst day. I have Accountancy and Physics on the same day but that's pretty ok. What's with Accounting being so late though - 2 till 5!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

I love the aurals.... they are just brilliant! (except when you can't write stuff down in time....then not so great..)

:)

I only like the French Aural. I suck realy bad at the Irish one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lestats_bride

I didn't even realise it was on the same day of maths.Yuck.Paper 2 though is my good paper so hopefully i'll be ok. I finish on the 16th but then have spanish on the 21st. I haven't studied spanish for about....3 months now but i plan on doing it in that week. eek.I've just never been able to find the time to fit it in amoungst all the other subjects.urgh not gonna think about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 sugar lumps

I've got Irish Paper 2 and Home Ec. on the same day, thats gonna b a nightmare cos there both really long papers and they're my 2 worst subjects. I only got c's in them in the mock. Does any body else do Home Ec.? I seems like I'm the only one! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

i do home ec too!! honours and the paper should have more time!!! and blue books should be burned!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

Simona1986 wrote:
    Business and History on the one day has got to be the worst possible. They're the two worst exams when it comes to time pressure. I can't imagine how sore your arm will be after that day! Difficulty wise not the hardest but still makes for the worst day. I have Accountancy and Physics on the same day but that's pretty ok. What's with Accounting being so late though - 2 till 5!
    the history exam?

3 hrs 20 mins

oh yeah
    thats right
    THREE HOURS TWENTY MINUTES
    (and thats not even enough)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

They always do that though... our teachers told us when we were in 3rd year to have a look at the LC timetable before we chose our exams, unless there was a subject we really really wanted to do!
    Not a good idea really, the timetable changes a lot. When I was in 6th year, we had accountancy on the Thursday of the 2nd week, and physics wasn't until the Monday of the 3rd week, on the same day as art history.

• Advertisement

Not a good idea really, the timetable changes a lot. When I was in 6th year, we had accountancy on the Thursday of the 2nd week, and physics wasn't until the Monday of the 3rd week, on the same day as art history.

True but since the exams comission came in they've been the same and apparently are gonna stay that way, and seeing as most people were choosing their subjects based on what their friends were doing or on the teacher they thought they'd have, it was as good a tactic as any! I didn't follow it anyway cause I knew what I was doing

Advertisement