Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games of the generation

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think it will be released, they had an article about it in Games TM this month.

The retro collection I'm most looking forward to are both megaman anniversary collections. Unfotunately I think my order from play-asia is lost in postland. I hope they have a better return policy than dvdboxoffice's wait 60 days before we send another out.

Back on topic, here is my GBA list:

Metroid fusion and zero mission
    Fire Emblem
    Advance Wars 1+2
    Zelda Minish Cap
    Castlevania Aria of sorrow
    F-zero
    Mario Kart

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Probably on my own here, but Thief: Deadly Shadows on the Xbox is probably my game of the generation. It's the whole atmosphere throughout the game that really makes you feel like you're a master thief sneaking through filthy medieval streets, skulking from shadow to shadow. I hadn't played a Thief game before that (since did on the PC, but wasn't that impressed) and I usually hate the likes of Splinter Cell, but something about this just caught my imagination. Couple that with a great story and some of the best graphics ever seen on a console and it's my favourite game of the last five or six years.

Honourable mentions go to ICO, Star Ocean III, Resident Evil 4, Morrowind and Halo 2 (online).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

jaggeh wrote:
    never got a chance to play VR deluxe :(

Ah how I loved my 32X... It broke 3 times so never really got the play it as much as I wanted. Kept being sent off and eventually replaced. Thank god my dad knew someone who worked for Sega's main Irish supplier back then!!

Advertisement