Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sooo Sick of Louis Vuitton!

• 29-05-2005 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Im really sick of the fact that everyone is still wearing their murakami handbags!!! you all think that it fits in with like ur 'D4' uniform or whatever but those bags went out with 2004! Move on and try something new!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

So people should throw away stuff they payed lots of money for less than a year ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Blisterman wrote:
    So people should throw away stuff they payed lots of money for less than a year ago?

Ah sure most of them are fakes, bought on some Spanish island...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

God yeah, can you imagine the shame of wearing last year's fashions? Might as well go out caked in your own faeces on a lolo-ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 anz

Blisterman wrote:

Well if its fake then definitly get rid of it, and if you could afford a real one in the first place then surley you can afford another new handbag now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Well it doesn't help that they look like sh*t and always have, and most of the ones you see girls with are fake and BAD fakes at that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ehh anyone else finding purple hard to read lol

Cremo wrote:
    ehh anyone else finding purple hard to read lol
    Sorry i'll write in black then shall i? and be boooooring!

anz wrote:
    Well if its fake then definitly get rid of it, and if you could afford a real one in the first place then surley you can afford another new handbag now!

Well if I could afford it I wouldnt be buying Louis Vuitton. Designer is meant to have a bit of exclusivity about it but every second person has one walking down Grafton Street. I'd much rather support Irish Designers and buy a 'one off' or something less 'in'. Something I could use again and again and not have to stick it in the back of the wardrobe coz its 'sooo not in season'.

ah it's all a load of crap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

anz wrote:
    well if you don't change font colour at all then everyone in different themes can read without problem.

by the way how much do one of these handbags go for (real one of course)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Look at my really annoying coloured text! Oh my how kooky and original I am! I bet everyone wishes they were cool enough to have thought of writing in a different colour all the time. Yes, I am the queen of summertime. Er, king! King!

• Advertisement

Look at my really annoying coloured text! Oh my how kooky and original I am! I bet everyone wishes they were cool enough to have thought of writing in a different colour all the time. Yes, I am the queen of summertime. Er, king! King!

Well it's easy to read once you highlight it! muh ha ha ha! :p

The most expensive i've heard of is $3,500 for a louis vuitton, but you could get one for around $900 it just depends on the style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 the vivster

Larianne wrote:
    Well if I could afford it I wouldnt be buying Louis Vuitton. Designer is meant to have a bit of exclusivity about it but every second person has one walking down Grafton Street. I'd much rather support Irish Designers and buy a 'one off' or something less 'in'. Something I could use again and again and not have to stick it in the back of the wardrobe coz its 'sooo not in season'.

ah it's all a load of crap!

i agree with you!

anz wrote:
    The most expensive i've heard of is $3,500 for a louis vuitton, but you could get one for around $900 it just depends on the style.

Then there's all those lugage trunks that I'd say cost a bomb! :eek:

The luggage trunks are sometimes less than the actual handbags oddly enough!

Larianne i know you think what i sed is a load of crap or whatever but i actually do agree with you that people are much better off buying an exclusive one off instead of everyone being like clones! Ditch the louis vuitton and create ur own style!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Your location is down as "Dalky". Isn't it spelt "Dalkey"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

anz wrote:

Fits the stereotype perfectly so far...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

LadyLotts wrote:

Nice..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,522 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Surley (sic) when you sed (sic) Dalky(sic), you meant Darkly, surly?

Sorry, I should have remembered: DNFTT.

If you find this hard to read colour-wise, blame the OT!

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

LadyLotts wrote:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

Hahaha Dalky my donky. LV can still look good, real, and regular monogram rather than (gag) murakami. Still has its place on the right person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I hate the LV fakes that are everywhere! The words "wannabe fashionista" come straight to mind when I see them!

If I was buying designer stuff, I wouldn't buy something like that. I have seen lovely LV bags that do not have that awful monogram on them.

Also - LV do fabulous shoes, wouldn't mind getting a pair of them. I wouldn't get a fake LV bag - why? Because they are as common as ditchwater, no thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Larianne wrote:

Hear hear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I noticed that too.. Was debating if I should say it or not.. Although it's changed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I was just wondering how someone can be incapable of spelling their own address, which leads me to think someone is a bit of a wannabe/troll perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

if there not "in" at the moment how come brown thomas are featuring them in there window? bt wouldnt put something in there window that is "out" surley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

anz wrote:
    900? for a bag? a HANDBAG? does it have a built in mp3 player and wifi? GPS? A fully stocked bar? Rocket Launchers? what makes it worth 900, esp if EVERYONE seems to have one....... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

As regards the trunks, my Mom picked up an authentic one at this junk type sale on the North Circular road. They sell for aboutr $3500. It cost her €30 for the trunk and €10 to get it unlocked. Nice bargain, and a very good quality case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

anz wrote:
    Urge to kill rising.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

anz wrote:
    Im really sick of the fact that everyone is still wearing their murakami handbags!!! you all think that it fits in with like ur 'D4' uniform or whatever but those bags went out with 2004! Move on and try something new!!!

I didnt' think bags came with use by date, those nutters in Brussels, next they'll be putting dates on the date tags!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

tabatha wrote:
    if there not "in" at the moment how come brown thomas are featuring them in there window? bt wouldnt put something in there window that is "out" surley?

They wouldn't be trying to attract sheep with more money than sense, would they? NAAAH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

in terms of really high fashion, especially accessories, there isn't really so much of an 'IN' and 'OUT' when it comes to labels. (real) Louis Vuitton bags are always going be attractive to the super-rich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

In Paris last year myself and my girlfriend were approached by 2 Asian girls that wanted us to buy as many Louis Vitton Wallets for them, as apparently the guys in the LV shop wouldn't sell them anymore.

So they handed us 2 fresh 500 euro notes and sent us into the shop... The wallets were 480 Euros each...

And not even a tip for our trouble... seeing as we could have walked off with 1000...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 dossininwork

I
    didnt' think bags came with use by date, those nutters in Brussels, next they'll be putting dates on the date tags[/QUO

lmao!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement