Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish (H)

Options
  • 29-05-2005 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭

hey...

Just wondering how the actual irish paper is marked.

As in how many points do you need for the prose,stair,maidhc,etc.

With regards to maidhc dainin,
    do you refer to specific events in his life or jus give a general over view,
    like i know the way hie "oige" is tipped to come up.
    so would i talk directly about his first day,his fight with tomas etc or jus say how he was a rogue etc.

ooh, and any tips for topics for the aural? :rolleyes:

(as youve probably guessed, im kinda freakin :eek: bout irish so any help would be appreciated! trust me, ill send loving thoughts your way! :o ) thanks
    :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

hey...

Just wondering how the actual irish paper is marked.

As in how many points do you need for the prose,stair,maidhc,etc.

With regards to maidhc dainin,
    do you refer to specific events in his life or jus give a general over view,
    like i know the way hie "oige" is tipped to come up.
    so would i talk directly about his first day,his fight with tomas etc or jus say how he was a rogue etc.

ooh, and any tips for topics for the aural? :rolleyes:

(as youve probably guessed, im kinda freakin :eek: bout irish so any help would be appreciated! trust me, ill send loving thoughts your way! :o ) thanks
    :p

Youd make references to different events i suppose-irish colleges, the tinkers, ceardscoil, caide,music?
    I thought ceol or greann were tipped to appear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

i dunno, was jus runnin thru the posts and most of em said a oige

lookin at the past exam questions they havent asked anything bout daoine gorma or racism (at least i dont think they had)

so ill focus on his youth,ceol,greann,racism
    n jus ave a brief look over america n englan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

what the hell is Maicdh Dainin?
    iv never heard of it!
    its not compulsory is it?
    my teacher thimks amuigh liom fein will come up

ahhhhhhhhh

ahhhhhhhhh
    maidhc dainin
    is the novel for the higher level???

• Advertisement

ah, i think we did an triall instead!

oh ok

Maicdh Dainin is the author of one of the novels on the course. The book is A Thig Ná Tit Orm.

Maicdh Dainin is the author of one of the novels on the course. The book is A Thig Ná Tit Orm.
    yes im well aware of that

I'm just clearing things up for the unclear. Obviously you know the title as you're studying it.

• Advertisement

I'm just clearing things up for the unclear. Obviously you know the title as you're studying it.
    indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I met Maidhc Dainín earlier this year. Lemme just say that he is one of soundest funniest guys ever.

G'wan the Mac Daddy.

lol
    yeah hes supposed to be dead on

d'u know michael longley is at listowel's writers week tomoro
    along with ross o carroll kelly
    i love ross o carroll kelly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

grr...of course hes the author, its a dirbheathaisnéis for godsake!

Yes, but if you read the first one, it would seem like she's saying that Maidhc Dainin is the name of the book.

I was just clearing it up for people that didn't read the novel, tis all.

right ho, *backing off*....... anyways must shtudy..

Out of curiosity how many pages are ye planning to learn for topics as greann, ceol, oige in Maidhc Danin?I have greann and ceol on 2-2 1/2 pages each.Is that long enough?

That's longer than I have!

You must.............email...............notes. ;)

that sounds like loads camogieplaya, chances are on the day you'll being throwing stuff in out of nowhere just to get everything down on the paper so you'll have a lot..
    Ive only written out answers for:
    a óige
    a shaol i Sasana
    a shaol i Meiriceá
    and im thinking i can adapt them to any other q, have you all written out answers about greann etc??

You wouldn't believe what Shyster just PM'd me saying! He is going to travel all the way to Dublin and, eh, do things to your mother if you don't email those notes to him/her and myself!

Personally, I wouldn't take any chances. But it's your decision.

;)

• Advertisement

har de ha ha.......cept HE is a SHE damnit!!, my smurf has a pink hat of course im a girl!!............u need notes, Aristotle?

Sorry, dont have any..
    (teehee, i need to grow up)

Do you know what the strange thing is? I corrected myself a few minutes before you posted that! :p

still doesnt make sense....?!
    or does it....*cue xfiles music*......No NO it definitely doesnt, there's to be no more pondering about my sexual orientation etc etc, i am a girl:)

When I said "do stuff", I meant go shopping with her, and buy Camogie Player a really ugly shirt! OBVIOUSLY.

Yes, but if you read the first one, it would seem like she's saying that Maidhc Dainin is the name of the book.

I was just clearing it up for people that didn't read the novel, tis all.
    oh did SHE now?

sorry but if you look through the threads through out this forum it is generally referred to as maidhc dainin

sorry for confusing all you ppl
    i bow to your superior intellectual capability

When I said "do stuff", I meant go shopping with her, and buy Camogie Player a really ugly shirt! OBVIOUSLY.

aristotle whats that supposed to mean???i hope you aint insulting me!!!

Nope! It was a joke! I was saying that if you didn't email us your notes, we'd tell your mother to buy you a really ugly shirt! ;)

Advertisement