Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert-what age are you?!

Options
13»

Comments

Razzle wrote:
    I have never heard of anyone either starting school having just turned 3 and/or doing the leaving at 15.

I agree. What sort of a person sends their kid to school having only just gone 3!!,
    thats almost evil!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Beno

18 on tuesday the day before the blasted thing starts.
    So i wont be havin much of a party to look forward too.....
    sniff.....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Beno wrote:
    sniff.....
    It'd be worse to be actually doing an exam on your birthday, my friend's birthday is the 9th! Irish and Maths, arrgh!!
    Love your sig btw :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 UncleFester

oh my god thats so sad - birthday near/ during the leavin!!:( tho i wont b 18 till november so ive got a summer of i.d problems 2look forward 2! but thats not nearly as bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

Beno wrote:
    sniff.....

But just think of allllllll the id-problem-free nights out you can have after the exams....make sure you get ur birthday drinks!!

• Advertisement

Shyster wrote:
    But just think of allllllll the id-problem-free nights out you can have after the exams....make sure you get ur birthday drinks!!

I agree, it might fall on a bad day but think of the huge, combined party u can have after, without id worries, ill be 16 for christs sake, you are luckier than you realise

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MACCER

Lynibeth wrote:
    I'm 18. There are a few 16 year olds which in my opinion is a bit young... And there are a few 19 year olds too. :cool:

only advice i can give you is to repeat, great being 20, so much wiser :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Haedes1987

Yup im 17, seems to me that transition yr is a huge advantage, prepares u more for 5th yr. Wish I did it!I know a guy whose only gone 16 doing the exams - that means he was 15 for the majority of his leaving cert year!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Groovychick

Just turned 17 yesterday!!! best birthday ever two long boring stupid english papers!! don't worry i'll make up for it when i finish!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

well, i feel ancient toward all of you .. i'm 24 and sitting it this year :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

most of my year are 19-dont worry!!....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I'm nineteen, I could have done it last year but I moved around too much, there is a woman in my exam centre in her thirties so luckily I'm not the oldest person there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Oakbark

I'm 17, being young is rubbish, too young to get into anywhere legally. That 16 year old is gonna have a tough 1-2 years of refusals in college! ;)

Oakbark wrote:
    I'm 17, being young is rubbish, too young to get into anywhere legally. That 16 year old is gonna have a tough 1-2 years of refusals in college! ;)

well ill b 17 for my first year, hopefully ill lay my hands on a good fake id.
    Any other 17 yr olds want to share their stories? is it bad being young or is it ok? do u get refused often??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 daxon

I don;t know if im lucky.unlucky or its a coincidence.

IM 18 AND

ME BIRTHDAY IS 17TH AUGEST, LEAVING CERT RESULT DAY

SO TOTALLY HAVING A BLAST THAT NIGHT

HERE IN ARKLOW THERES LIKE A 50 YEAR OLD DOING HIS J.C. AND 30 YEAR
    OLDS DOING THE L.C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Murv

i'll be nineteen next month! i'm ancient. My friend has the best birthday.. the 24th. what a party she'll be having!

Advertisement