Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm getting a portable dvd player!!

Options
  • 29-05-2005 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭

Well...hopefully!!

I know this may sound bad but I'll prob get it from argos (yes, argos!!) cos they have good sales on now!! I know 5.5inchs isn;t big but I might get that one!!

there's a great reduction on a 9inch model which includes gadget bag and has 2 headphone sockets (so 2 people can listen!!) and can play mp3s, dvds as well as jpgs!!!!

But, I dunno...depends on the prices...

Has anyone here got a portable dvd player?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

my dad got one, and to be honest, for the €300 he paid for it, im not bowled over at all. get a psp instead to keep you entertained on the go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

just buy an mp4 player, little bit extra cash wise but well worth it. around the 400 mark in dixons(which we all know is a dear shop) shop around and you'll probably find one cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭chopster

How about this one....h**p://specialreserve.co.uk/Innovix-iDP713D-Port_1332_r.html ?
    for under £110 and divx compatible with 7" screen sounds like a good offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

I just use the DVD rom drive in my spare laptop - 14" screen - perfect for planes journeys!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭axel90

maplin elec has sweet 7in w\dvd built into side of screen plays divx too. maplin.co.uk or store in cork, 2 in dub,galway and limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

yeah, my dad has one. It's a good one but they're not especially like 'wow! a portable DVD player'. A laptop could be used for the same use..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

was thinking of getting one a while ago but then decided it'd be a waste of money once i get my laptop. plus i'd have a bigger screen (widescreen) and probably better sound.

only downside is it's about 6 times the cost ;)

the only time i'd use them would be on a plane but tbh i'd lose interest in a wee 6"screen or something. the novelty would ware off fast imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I got one for £100 it's great. Made security work easy. Well worth the money. Don't go for a branded name though, expensive and you won't notice the difference, also with it being portable you give it the odd knock and scratch.... It takes a little of your soul if you damage a €300 item.... not so bad if it's only €80.

I have a Venturer (Sp?) one, comes with one battery, but you can get extra ones from the states cheaply enough.

John

Advertisement