Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good news on the L.C!!

Options
  • 29-05-2005 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭

read today that figures for students sitting the leaving cert are really low this yr, havent been this low since 1991!! this means a drop in points!!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

...which probably means that the exams will be harder this year... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i hope geography will be easy enough as this year is it's last of the course, new course was brought in for this years 5th years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

Does it also not mean that less people are finishing school and working in warehouses for 6 euro an hour???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

Damn you cutie18....!! i thought you'd cracked the code into the secret room where they keep the leaving cert papers........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

they cant be harder
    cos they were set waaaaaaay back
    fadó fadó

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Poz3D

Every little bit helps :) Hopefully the drop in students really does lead to a drop in points. Where did you read this?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Yeah, there are less people sitting it, but the high-points courses will stay high points, and the ones that will drop will be things like jam making

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Poz3D wrote:
    Every little bit helps :) Hopefully the drop in students really does lead to a drop in points. Where did you read this?

This story was in the Irish Independent the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

Fishie wrote:
    Yeah, there are less people sitting it, but the high-points courses will stay high points, and the ones that will drop will be things like jam making
    in the aran islands right?
    i rly wanted to put that down
    couldnt find it tho.........

furniture restoration was mental high points!
    i put that down (for those of you not in the know, im not allowed near matches never mind anything electric)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

...which probably means that the exams will be harder this year... :rolleyes:

the exams are written before the applications are put in so i doubt that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

They said this last year too, it doesn't make much of a difference either way. Unless your going for some completly random course like bio chemical astro physics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

ireland is coming down from its baby boom period so for the next few years there will be less and less teenagers sitting the leaving cert from the decline in the population,thats before you take into account people who left school already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

i dunno if this is relevent or not, but theres only 40 people in our 6th Year, but only 37 of them are doing the leaving!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

what are the other 3 doing?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

in the aran islands right?
    i rly wanted to put that down
    couldnt find it tho.........
    I think so. They must have taken it off CAO, damn them! so I put down, as my first diploma choice, "Baking and Pastry Arts Technology" (!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

ColHol wrote:
    what are the other 3 doing?

repeating

Advertisement