Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is all the Hardcore??

Options
  • 29-05-2005 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

hay...just woundering...is any body in ireland into Metalcore or Hardcore????
    Im just woundering because im tryn to start up a metalcore band but i cant seem to find anybody into it!!!..like avenged sevenfold,Unearth,BleedingThrough,Throwdown,Shadows Fall,StillRemains,
    Atrayu,Trivium...anybody like these bands???i f***ing love this stuff!!!
    so if u guys are into this let me no coz i kant find you guys anywhere!!!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Roper from Limerick are supposed to have a leaning torwards metalcore, but from what i can tell, there is a only a very small hardcore following in ireland. I personally dont know anyone whos into really hardcore, apart from a bit of Hatebreed.

Remember, metalcore is only a fusion/cross-genre type of music, so dont be too specific in trying to find other metalcorers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

No, they're all ****e. The Cromags piss all over every band you've mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Cro Mags
    Agnostic Front
    Hatebreed
    Sick Of It All
    Stompin Ground
    Madball
    Vietnom
    25 Ta Life

Basically everything you've mentioned is part of this new Emocore genre thats not my cup of tea at all. Not much of it is hardcore or metalcore, its got some elements of both but its not either.
    Listen to early Cromags "show no mercy" Era stuff
    Or just be sound and listen to Madball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Go here, and go to the "Music" page, start downloading, and enjoy the best Hardcore band ever.

oh yeah i forgot you can download the entire Age of Quarrel Album there. ****ing excellent Album. I wouldnt go near much other stuff after that though when they changed singers. it all went a bit Anthrax

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭drummer2290

bombidol wrote:
    Cro Mags
    Agnostic Front
    Hatebreed
    Sick Of It All
    Stompin Ground
    Madball
    Vietnom
    25 Ta Life

Basically everything you've mentioned is part of this new Emocore genre thats not my cup of tea at all. Not much of it is hardcore or metalcore, its got some elements of both but its not either.
    Listen to early Cromags "show no mercy" Era stuff
    Or just be sound and listen to Madball
    Trivium are not emo core and Bleeding Through are not emocore!
    Where are you goin with you emo core??but the bands you have just listen are all deadly! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Finch*

you gotta love Atreyus cover of "you give love a bad name" by Bon Jovi. sheer brilliance. is triviums album anygood? i like the two songs ive heard so far but im not sure if i really wanna fork out the cash. i like a few of the avenged sevenfold songs but their albums on a whole werent the best, not bad, but not great

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

**** Atreyus ****in pussy emo ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Trivium are serious hardcore.. pfft.. try amon amarth

amon amarth are viking metal dude

• Advertisement

Viking metal is usually very heavy stuff.. The only thing that makes amon amarth "viking" is the lyrics.. listen to them and you'll know what i mean.. and also.. trivium are pop as far as im concerned..

Dude, i played with them a few weeks back in derry. They came out in fog with Bulls horns full of wine and saluted the crowd. lol

I also forgot

Terror
    Sworn Enemy
    Biohazard

Trivium are not emo core and Bleeding Through are not emocore!
    Where are you goin with you emo core??but the bands you have just listen are all deadly! :D

Thats why i said "Basically"! Trivium just **** if you ask me. Some hardcore bits then it turns into Iron Maiden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Thats why i said "Basically"! Trivium just **** if you ask me. Some hardcore bits then it turns into Iron Maiden

Now, now, there is nowt wrong with Maiden - and after all Trivium cite Maiden as one of their biggest influences :)

I like a bit of maiden every now and again. Actually for some reason "aces high" is one of my favourite old school metal tracks. but to cite Trivium as a hardcore band is a bit off.

I think different people have different meanings for the word 'hardcore' when it comes to music. Also - can't believe I missed amon amarth!! Never even heard about the gig ahh they rock so much

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Can we all agree that Atreyus aren't hardcore?

yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Hmm yeah I like some hardcore....I kinda lean more towards the emo side of it though...Glassjaw are a great prog hardcore band, some people debate whether Thrice are a hardcore genre band. Their most recent album probably is. I like some Poison The Well...
    I tried listening to Killswitch Engage before, but the ridiculously aggressive vocals just pissed me off...
    Yep, no-one seems to know what hardcore is here in Ireland...
    If you're looking for some real hardcore, maybe try Botch, Isis, or Refused.

Everyone knows what hardcore is, its just that some people are wrong.
    theres different deffinitions.
    theres Hardcore like it was back in the day, Black Flag, Minor Threat etc
    then you've got your NYC hardcore, Sick of it all, Agnostic front, Madball, Biohazard etc
    Then you've got yer metal core, Hatebreed, Terror etc
    Then theres your new fangled Emo (which seems to mean something different every week now) stuff. Poison The well consider themselves an Emocore band.
    Then you've got your Melodic (sometimes known as west coast) Hardcore with bands like H20 , The Sick etc

the lines are blurry but there deffinatly are lines.

• Advertisement

ya well everyone has their own definitions, i didnt ask for you all to insult the bands i like, its not going to change my mind about them, all i asked was whether triviums album was worth buying, some one who actually likes them might be able to tell me, rather than every1 who doesnt just telling me that theyre pussies and theyre not hardcore, whatever, i dont give a ****. i was just asking for some advice from any1 who is in the slightest bit helpful. i dont like half the bands u like, but i dont go round saying theyre not hardcore or theyre **** so maybe just deal with the fact that some people like different bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

yes, but what you should do is download some of the free mp3s they have on their website

http://www.trivium.org/media.php?s=2

yes i have those songs, thanks anyways, im just wondering what the rest of the album is like, cuz the little money i get doesnt like being wasted on albums if theyve only got 2 decent tracks and a whole lot of filler

yea man...get the album it....i got it and it was well worth the money!!!...I think thay are klass and kant wate till thay play in dublin!I think Trivium`s album is really cheap in hmv i think..like E14....u shud deff get it!!

e14?? that is pretty cheap, ill have a look for it, cheers

yea its something like that...wouldnt be any dear`r that E16!
    kool ma no prob!i think in hmv on grafton street!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

avenged sevenfold? Hardcore? Hardcore crap maybe, but not hardcore in the good sense. Biohazard tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

First nu-metal now its crap like avenged sevenfold.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Atreyu are about as hardcore as Graham Norton

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

Never got into 'hardcore'. I think most of it sucks. Maybe because all the hardcore fans I've spoke to seem to have a 'my musics louder than yours' attitude.

Advertisement