Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF: Vietnam - total noob

Options
  • 29-05-2005 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Howeya Lads

Just bought myself a copy of Vietnam and am a complete n00b to the Battlefield world..

Am in the middle of downloading the v1.2 patch at the mo. Is there anything else I need?

Also, any recommendations on servers? Do you use Gamespy for accessing the servers or do you use the in game menus?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

JTG you need the 1.21 patch as well its quite small 10 meg get it from EA's bf v site.The Tig server http://www.theirishguard.com is a good irish based server and friendly to noobs ;) or get All seeing eye for finding other servers... mind you its only 1 month till the release of bf 2 so i think you picked a bad time to get into nam :confused: .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

To be honest, I got it for 15 quid in PC World purely so I could get my head around wtf is going on before BF2 is released :) If you get me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

lol just did the same thing. BF2 looks awesome so I thought I would have a go at this one as prices have dropped.

Still, bet it wont be half as good as enemy-territory... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

To be honest, I got it for 15 quid in PC World purely so I could get my head around wtf is going on before BF2 is released :) If you get me..

I've had Bf : V for so long now, and I've really only ever played it against bots.....not online :o

I should, I really should....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Nam isnt very good tbh i gave it up months ago but it should do you for a month and get you used to the battlefield serise.

• Advertisement

Thats the goal alright..

So just get the most recent patches and go for it. Cheers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

BFV is still great fun. Pop into the Irish Guard IRC Channel on #tig.ie Quakenet and we'll be happy to show you the ropes. Nothing like a Friday night beers session with the TiG lads. Great Fun.

Fairy

Doh, hate IRC.. Gonna have to force myself to use it I suppose!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

It has to be one of those games you simply never give up. Im playin omline a little over 12 months now and it's only startin to bore now(bore is a strong word)

It will deffo help you for BF2 alright. And use THE ALL SEEING EYE as mentioned earlier, tis your only man. Oh and if you dont have it get XFIRE too. hmm think i'll have a bit o' nam before bed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

If you are a noob you can come onto our server and play it in CooP. We have 32 bots that get removed when players join. Its a good wat to learn the game before you go into people only servers. The is in my sig below. Or you can get it from www.1st-ib.net.

15 quid I might pop over to PC world and get my self another copy for my other PC at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I've had Bf : V for so long now, and I've really only ever played it against bots.....not online :o

I should, I really should....
    Do. Come onto the TiG server (82.195.149.49:15567). A few of the members had dial-up before getting BB, and it was still playable (so they said).

Sound, will give it a go when I get a chance. Am pretty decent when it comes to FPSs so I won't be a complete knobend. Just won't have a clue what the goals are and how best to achieve em. The server sounds perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

the best thing to do is to kill Fairy and Jack alot , everything else is easy after that .............. :( i miss my broadband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

toymaster in longford mispriced some copies of bfv so might be woth checking if toymaster near you have done the same, 7.49 yoyos was the price of it.....lol.i got a copy for the serial key so i can play on my lappy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

fli wrote:
    toymaster in longford mispriced some copies of bfv so might be woth checking if toymaster near you have done the same, 7.49 yoyos was the price of it.....lol.i got a copy for the serial key so i can play on my lappy :D
    Me, and lots of others, got BFV for €15, a week after release, in PC World. T'was comical. There was a thread on how you could do it, a while back. They copped on, after a while, tho.

Sounds like how I got UT2k4 for 12 quid in game. Anyway I went into PC world trying to get for 15 quid only to discover it was 30, still cheap enough. Was it on special the one you got Jasus? Incidentlly they had secret weapons expansion for a fiver but I never play it on line so I left that. They had a few coppies of it on Blanch anyway.

**** forgot to mention before, it was 2 for 30 quid in PC World. Bought BF:V and UT2004, effectively for 15 each. Soz dude..

Crap i was planing to buy 2 copies of it. I never saw the 2 for one deal offer I wonder if it was over on the monday.

Eh not sure :/ Sorry

Still have not got around to playing online... Cant drag myself away from CS: S

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

emm sure wait for BF2, will be an army of us irish-inactive types returning for it(more due to exams than bored of bfv tho)

• Advertisement

There are a lot of peoeple returning for games and CLans after the exame time ends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Jesus pop on the new NRG server (195.62.10.171: 15667), at the moment were running alot of fun stuff like customcombat (doing stupid sh!t like tonight and removing all weapons bar knives/smoke grenades or all vehicles bar scooters/ turning gravity off), its always a bit of a laugh a noob friendly atmos :D ask nicely and im sure wed be glad to give you flying lessons and other crap :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Yeah hop on NRG......get xfire which is the easiest way to see who is online....you can add my ID from my sig.....then you can see which friends I have already added online!!! alot of sound bloke on there usually.....

Got BFV off boards here for a fiver!! was true about PCWorld in Blanch anyway that had it for 15 quid just after release....lets hope they do the same with BF2.....my bro works there and was falling around laughing at them when they priced it at 15 quid.......

Advertisement