Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech Graph Students Read

Options
  • 29-05-2005 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Rite found out on the grad nite out that our teacher is one of the four that sets the exam...Unfortunatly it was a bit late to root around in his drawer (what me never) but we have a few extra classes and and heres what i know so far,if you're doin the oblique plane learn how to draw a tehrahetron thats a 4 sided primid shaped yoke made of 4 equilateral triangles.. Also not 100% about this one but i reckon it will saddle roofs rather than hyperboloid this year in paper 2 b and pay particular attention to the transverse axis for it as he warned me a few weeks back to know the construction in june. The way he said it sounded funny at the time n it just hit me why.. Also you MUST use auxilary vanishing points in the perspective question this year!!!

Iv extra classes this week so il keep ye posted,if he catchs me he'll beat me..

Comments

I am truely grateful! :D

A god walks among us.

But don't you have to use AVP points every year?

Anyway, keep us posted.

(Although, if a mod finds out about this...................... :( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭The Failed God

also not sure how valid all this is because he did say that there are 4 exams prepared and only the chief examiner knows which one it is. Our techer doesnt give many hint anymore as a few years back 19 ppl in one class got A1's so it was suspicious.. Good luck

if you read the papers it says some years that you can use them if you want oor sumthing but this year he told us YOU HAVE TO!

Never noticed.

Also, what is a transverse axis? My teacher is well renowned for not using the technical terms. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Also, what is a transverse axis? My teacher is well renowned for not using the technical terms. :(

In conics it is the distance between the two vertices of a double hyperbola.

Ah! that's the problem. I don't do conics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I'm curious how many questions are you going to prepare for each exam? I'm probably going to end up doing 5 but I hardly ever study TD so I've got quite a lot of work to do.

I'm also doing 5 for each exam for the same reasons.

Yup thats the transverse axis in conics but it has notthing to do with the saddle roof question.It is finding the curve in plan its a simple construction kinda like finding the curve of a parabola..emm god tech graph is hard to explain..Pm me and il try n dig the construction out of sumwhere.. Ya good question what questions ye doin?
    Im doin
    Paper1
    1.Intersecting Planes
    2.Areas
    3.Solids in Contact
    4.Conic

Paper 2b
    1.Perspective
    2.Hyperboloid/Saddle
    3.Mining Geo
    4.Roof Shells
    5.Roads