Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiling Point: Road to Hell

Options
  • 29-05-2005 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Got this today , very good so far. Read reviews on EG before i bought (theres a ****ing 1st, about time they were up to date)

Altho slightly buggy its really good fun to play.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=59379

Type of game i started playing then realised it was 4 hours later......

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Started playing it myself today aswell, plays very well, but crashs semi often (three CTD's in about 6 hours play, so not THAT bad), and the textures seem to just be buggered at the best of times, on regular textures the texture resolution looks like something you would see on a calculator, its a bug anyway, but on high it works fine (anyone else getting the buggered texture thing btw?).

The game feels very like Dues Ex, but plays almost like morrowwind, very good game I must say, currently getting on very well with the Guerella's, and getting along somewhat badly with the Government (-100 reputation, heh). Like how the vehicles work, their quite hard to maintain but damn hard (pricey) to replace, and essential for doing missions, so much travel....

Early days yet, would be 9/10 if it werent so damn buggy, so I grant it:

7/10

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The patch should be out in a day or two.

This game also has some pretty odd aspects. Like getting a megaphone and shouting at helicopters that you intend to shoot them down. Or just running through the jungle with shouting "testing, testing"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Sounds both fantastic and terrible. Let us know when they finish the game so I can pick it up and enjoy what sounds like a Stalker Beta. Its a goddamn crime a game as ambitious as this is released in such a state - as Gillen stated, the lesson learned will be ambitious games dont sell rather than unfinished ones dont.

One way or the other I'm going to buy this, but if its not patched properly Ill wait till it hits the bargain bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Lexmark.Printer

I can see why this game is set in the jungle.

It's a good excuse for the millions of bugs in it! :D

Hammer + Nail + Head = Kieron Gillen review

Advertisement