Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IwW D-Day

• 30-05-2005 12:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

I was at the IwW event tonight in the SFX, decent show. I wouldn't rank it as high as the Supershow though, that was exceptional

Seemed like two weeks of tv were taped, as Dave Zero was out at least 4 times. Maybe five. And every second wrestler seemed to be using his music!

Highlights were the Burridge/Williams match, although the rounds in the match kind of upset the flow, kind of pointless. D'Lo was good fun, nice to see him there. And he won the title! I couldn't believe it! Guess that means we'll be seeing him again soon

Main event was excellent if we're talking about the wrestlers, and what they did. If we're talking about the booking, there was a distinct smell of bull**** around it.. 3 stages of hell match, they didn't announce what the first fall was. The ending was stupid, both guys were on their backs with arms across one another (our man Red Vinny and Irish Dragon in the match, btw). Now, I've seen that happen quite a bit, and when it happens, the ref does a ten count. Not this ref though! He counts two pins and awards a fall each :confused:

Second fall was submission, which they said was under "sudden death rules", which I took to mean as whoever won this, won the bout. Somehow the ref got into a position where he could see both men tap. And the announcer claims that the "2 out of 3 falls match" is a tie, as both men have reached 2 falls. Noticeable amount of people left at this point

Eventually they quit with the bull**** and got started with the no-dq, falls count anywhere match, which was good. Hard to see it all, as it went all round the place, but it was nice, some tough falls, Vinny comes out top

The main-event really was something special, I just didn't like the way it was booked at all. Well done to the two lads, and the rest of the wrestlers too, good job by everyone..except those two girls with Dave Zero, after his team lost a match, they were laughing and joking with each other. Shouldn't someone have told them that they should be upset or angry that he lost the match?!

All in all, good show, glad I went, hope to see more in the future

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Yup, I was there too. Good show! Especially considering how small their budget must be.

They seriously need -

Someone to market their events better
    Someone to organise better crowd inclusion (members of crowd getting beaten up by the wrestlers, members of crowd shouting and screaming)

Other than that, I thought they did a great job. SOS could be a superstar, if he had a greencard...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Was a great show but the filming of two weeks at once kinda took away from the show as it made you think the only did for the up coming "WishLash Tv" show as there were a few matches were people half an hour ago were heels but then changed kinda face :confused:

Highlights were D'lo Brown although i chanted for S.O.S as he was our IWW Champ but i eventually changed my mind and Chanted D'lo when he jumped threw the rope on to S.O.S, got back up onto the apron and Shouted "Whats my name".
    Very Surpised to see him the title as well.

The three stages of hell match was great even though the out come of the first two was a little weird but the moves the were pulling off were amazing and the ending was great. First fall was you basic normal rules match.

I think People were leaving to catch the last bus home as the second it finished i had to leave to catch my bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭IwW News

The following are quick results for Irish Whip Wrestling's 'D-Day', which took place Sunday 29th May at the SFX Arena, Dublin.

WARNING: Contains spoilers for IwW's upcoming 'Whiplash TV', which will debut in mid-June on The Wrestling Channel UK.

*'The Pukka One' Darren Burridge def. 'The Sensation' Sean South

*The Party Animals (Bam Katrazz and George McFly) def. Zodiac & Jason Slayer

*Mad Man Manson def. Marty Gore

*'S.O.S.' Seamus O'Shaunessy def. Vic Viper to retain the IwW International Heavyweight Championship

*'The Ladies Hero' Dave Zero and 'The Flawless One' Jay Phoenix def. Super Speedo & Popeye

*'The Pukka One' Darren Burridge & 'The Anarchist' Doug Williams went to a 20-minute time-limit draw

*The Blagger Boys def. Zodiac & Jason Slayer

*The Party Animals (Bam Katrazz and George McFly) def. 'The Ladies Hero' Dave Zero and 'The Flawless One' Jay Phoenix

*Mad Man Manson def. Super Speedo & Popeye

*'The Flawless One' Jay Phoenix w/'The Ladies Hero' Dave Zero def. George McFly w/Bam Katrazz in a Kiss-My-Flag Match

*D'Lo Brown def. 'S.O.S.' Seamus O'Shaunessy to win the IwW International Heayweight Championship

*'The Heretic' Red Vinny def. Irish Dragon in an End of an Era 'Three Stages of Hell' Match

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Wow what a night, this was a very, very good IWW show but not quite as good/solid as the Supershow in March - there were too many matchs (12 in total) and performances for Whiplash TV which took away slightly from the flow of the show in general.

Their was some great performances by 'The Pukka One' Darren Burridge, Bam Katrazz, George McFly, S.O.S.' Seamus O'Shaunessy, Mad Man Manson and special praise goes to Zodiac, one of Iww's newest wrestlers who is already showing early signs of being really good and someone to watch out for over the coming years.

Highlight matchs for me were the Burridge/Williams match, SoS/D'Lo match, Blagger Boys/Zodiac w/Jason Slayer match and the main event.

Main Event - Irish Dragon vs Red Vinny - 3 stages of hell match.
    This match had such a big buildup over the past 2 months which made the gymwars essential viewing, I knew that this would be something special but nothing prepared me for what I was about to witness during this main event. The first fall was pinfall, second was submission and the third, a no dq. The first fall saw some of the best & fasted wrestling I have ever seen in my life, stunning high-flying wrestling and signature moves from both Dragon and Vinny dominated this stage, truly breathtaking stuff.
    The second stage brought a slower pace, plenty of really good submissions, unfortunately by this stage because of all the earlier matchs, this was running very late and many people had no choice but to leave to catch their bus for home missing the mayham that was about to follow.
    The third and final fall saw most of the action take place outside the ring, bringing some great chairshots, a bloodied Red Vinny and Irish Dragon made their way around the sfx arena with the crowd following them, giving us many great moments that any ECW fan would die for and a good finisher.

Both Irish Dragon and Red Vinny are trully in a class of their own, this match as a whole even surpassed the stunning Donnybrook 4 Way which was the show stealer in the March Supershow.

All in all, a great night was had by all in the SFX, just a shame it ran so late in the end. I can't wait to see more IWW events and indeed the gymwars which are great as well. Well done IWW.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

I was well impresed with all of D-Day i missed the supershow and cant compare it to this but i injoyed this show and Zodiac what a great match at the start

and the 3 stages of hell match i was shocked and i felt my jaw drop as i watched it
    it was the first time i had seen red vinny and irish dragon have a match and amazing the story lines where a bit doggie but bare in mind they are only starting to use them i enjoyed all the match's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

oh yea the pukka one rules great match's he had that night

whoogh whoogh

Advertisement