Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neil Diamond Gig

Options
  • 30-05-2005 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Alright people, just a question. My mother bought 2 tickets for Neil diamond for herself + friend. The tickets she got were for the East Upper stand but the seats are totally not together. That was a bit ****ty of ticketmaster i thought. They are not happy with this understandably.
    They'd gladly swap their stand tickets for 2 Pitch are/standing tickets just to be together.
    Do they have to do this or can they just wander down onto the pitch with their stand tickets?
    I remember goin to the chili peppers, having stand tickets but ending up in the mosh pit. Although that was not a sell-out gig like the master of croon Neil Diamond!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Did she order 2 online at the same time?
    I think the pitch may be seated too.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭MunkyHed

rubadub wrote:
    Did she order 2 online at the same time?
    I think the pitch may be seated too.

Ya, booked the tickets on ticketmaster, they arrived attached to each other as they do but with completely different seat numbers, both in the east upper stand. Are you sure about the pitch being seated?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

MunkyHed wrote:
    Are you sure about the pitch being seated?
    the pitch is seated, my old man has good ones. (didn't think there would be a mosh pit at neil diamond!) there are standing available but probably just the back the terraces
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/seatingchart/198267/10146

I'd complain to them and see what you get, it should be expected that they are beside each other. maybe they were at the end of a line

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭MunkyHed

****e, i don't think they'll get much by complaining as the concert is sold out. Although i'll tell her to give it a go! Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Any comments on how good it was, I didn't make it but would like to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

I worked the event and although Neil Diamond is not my sort of music, I still found his set to be quite boring. No joke, one or two women in front of me had fallen asleep and a few people left before the end, noticeably just after Sweet Caroline.

That being said, much of the crowd seemed to enjoy the concert, although mostly just for his bigger hits. Even for the hardcore fans, the concert seemed to dip for them in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭black & white

It was certainly a bit flat in parts, and I was amazed by the amount of people leaving early. Having said all that, he did 2 hours without a break and sang all of his hits so it was good value. Getting in and out of the stadium was easy and there was a bar close to where we were sitting (south stand lower)

I could take him or leave him, my wife is a big fan, but I really enjoyed the night.

Advertisement