Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claud Butler Experience?

Options
  • 30-05-2005 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Anyone out there with any experience on Claud Butler bike's?

I'm thinking of getting a Claud Butler frame from e-bay and build it up to make a weekend runabout, but know almost nothing about the brand.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

i had one and it was grand, you see most of the couriers around dublin on the levante flat bar bike so they can't be bad..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

Claud Butler's are crappy bikes basically, the high-end claud butler's would not match the low end entry level mountain bikes for any kind of quality. How much do you have to spend?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

For what it's worth I have a CB for 11 years now, still going strong. Been cycling to work on it most of the time for the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭dancin

Thanks for th aadvice gents. Unfortunately my son got sick yesterday, so missed the bidding war on e-bay and someone else got the frame.

Not to worry, probably better off saving up and getting a good frame from ChainReactionCycles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

Bunny wrote:
    Claud Butler's are crappy bikes basically, the high-end claud butler's would not match the low end entry level mountain bikes for any kind of quality. How much do you have to spend?

I'm no bike expert but all I can say is I've had a cheap (€350) Claud Butler for a year now and its as good as any other bike in its price range, no problems with in at all

• Advertisement
Advertisement