Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ARGH! Irish essays!

Options
  • 30-05-2005 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

Heya ,ok,I REALLY need help with this.Right well thing is Ive had 3 different irish teachers over 2 years each one worse than the other and we didnt do the course very well unsuprisingly :mad: . And we never even did essays now Im really annoyed because I went to a gaeilscoil and got an A in the junior Cert so leaving cert Irish shoulda been piss easy.
    Ive studied my ass off so I know the stories and poems but I need to know a couple of essays. So how have ye done it, have ye learnt them off and what titles did ye do?
    Any help would be unbelievably appreciated as I need an A in this subject. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

I must learn terrorism, prob of drink, teenage probs. There the only two i can think of doing. Im only going by hints and predictions for irish because its too late for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

I would say, because you obviously have a good level of Irish, you're best bet would be to learn off lots of vocab to do with different topical subjects and then just apply them to your normal essay/speech/debate format. Remember that most fo the marks go for grammar (80%) so in that respect brush up on tenses séimhiús urús etc.
    If you wanted to gamble, you could learn an essay or two off, but you have to decide how to use your time the most productively...

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

i'm learning
    Timpeallacht
    Sceimlitheoireacht
    Foreigean agus Coruilacht
    Fabhanna Daoine Oga
    An Coras Oideachais
    and maybe Tabhacht na Meanchumarsaide
    my teacher just gives us everything to learn off, becauses no one i my class speaks fluently, and we're the only 6th year honours class. The result is no one can write their own stuff, but the essays we've learnt off can be moulded to fit other titles. ie. Todchai Cinne Daonna, just take a paragraph from each and put your own sentence at the end of each linking it to the title.
    but if you've good irish then just learn off vocab for those topics. (don't be bothered with sport or **** like it says in the book cos mainly social topics come up)
    o yeah, and learn off the beginning and endings of a "disporeacht"- a chatoarligh, a mholtoiri, a lucht fhreasura.......... taim go hiomlan is go hulig ar son/ in aontaigh leirs an run seo. write your won cos thats so wrong.
    that way, if no aiste suits you, but a disporacht does, you can just write your essay with the disporecht start!
    i'm so only gonna scrape a pass in paper 1, going for 65% in paper2, my oral + aural should bring me up loads though! going for the old b3, but once i get higher than a c3 i'm happy, cos then it was worth my while not dropping to pass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

Tiogar Ceilteach and Afraic get a mention in every essay i do. Irish essays are a load of piss tbh. All this talk of preparing for an essay in irish????

Learn vocab on each and ur flying. Don't go learning what ur paragraphs will be, its not history. If u do have THAT much time that u can afford to do that,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

Tiogar Ceilteach and Afraic get a mention in every essay i do. Irish essays are a load of piss tbh. All this talk of preparing for an essay in irish????

Learn vocab on each and ur flying. Don't go learning what ur paragraphs will be, its not history. If u do have THAT much time that u can afford to do that,
    i have to do that, after two years of learning off stuff, I can't write my own. I write better in German and Spainsh than i do in Irish.
    but to the girl who originally asked the q, she should just learn off vocab, cos she clearly has pretty decent irish.
    but let me reiterate, learn the start of the diaspoiraecht!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 MadOne!!

I'd say you'll be fine. I went to an Irish primary school too. I find the speaking Irish alot easier but i think if you just calm down it'll come naturally. Just learn a bit of vocab and you'll be fine that's what i'm doing and i'm fairly happy with it. Apparently Racism is coming up in the essays but thats not 100% certain.

Advertisement