Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pictures from Kilbeggan show,29/05/05

• 30-05-2005 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Heres some pictures of the show over the weekend..Well worth the trip down.

Picture-001.jpg

Picture-009.jpg

Picture-012.jpg

Picture-016.jpg

Picture-017.jpg

Picture-018.jpg

Picture-020.jpg

Picture-021.jpg

Picture-025.jpg

Picture-027.jpg

Picture-028.jpg

Picture-029.jpg

Picture-030.jpg

Picture-033.jpg

Picture-002.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Nice one corelon.

The Alpha Sider looks like it's about to get a watering!
    "ZV" plates look very popular.
    Never seen them done American style before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Redrocket

damn, thanks for the pics corelon,
    why the hell did i miss this show!!!!!
    all those shiney american cars!! :(
    im really annoyed at myself now for not going :(

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭corelon

It was a good show, many american cars...Didn't rain all day which helped. Def worth the trip down with a bad hangover and about 3 hours sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Nice pics Coreloen - was a great day for it.
    Is there another sho on in Kilbeggan in September and is this one any different from the one yesterday?

From what I understand there is the big one in spetember, purely for US cars..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭sentenel

Hi,
    Very nice pictures Corelon glad you liked the show, It was a great day the sun shone all day. I was glad when it was over though the few days were exhausting getting things done there.
    Our show in Sept is an American Autos only Show and this year Classic American Magazine are coming over to pick a heat winner for their Car of the Year compitition . Its on Sunday 4th September this year in Kilbeggan.
    We held the show last Sunday as lots of Vintage Clubs ask about our Sept Show and we have to say American Autos only and we felt bad so hopefully our May Show will become a yearly event too.
    cheers
    joe
    DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0002.jpg
    DSCF0005.jpg
    DSCF0007.jpg
    DSCF0008.jpg
    DSCF0009.jpg
    DSCF0010.jpg
    DSCF0011.jpg
    DSCF0013.jpg
    NewImage.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Thanks Corelon - the P1800 Volvo is my favourite of this lot, although I wouldn't kick a black Charger out of my garage....

Thanks guys..
    Anyone know how sentenel.. put his images in the text area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

To place pics in the text area you have to do the following:

(IMG)http://www.domain.name/picname.jpg(/IMG)

but use square brackets instead of regular one.

Where's that volvo 1800 from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

corelon wrote:
    Thanks guys..
    Anyone know how sentenel.. put his images in the text area

Try a free download www.photobucket.com - you load the pics into that programme and then copy & paste the links onto your post. You can see the[IMG]link as its the third line underneath the picture you want to upload. If they are not too large its ok but if they are you can resize them using the photobucket 'edit' button on top of the picture. You must close out and log back in to photobucket for any edits to take effect. :)[/img]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭DubTony

Great pics corelon. No pic of your own?
    35b344f0.jpg
    Love those plates. Does anyone know where to get them ... and how legal are they?

Yeah.. my car is the 2nd last one.. The Red Ford Mustang 66
    Thanks for the help with inserting the images

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

US-style plates do not legally conform to Irish (or UK) plate standards and so, technically speaking, should only be for 'show use'.

Indeed, I reacall seeing an american truck from the North with US-style plates fitted but he also had standard plates made up which were tied over the US-style plates (with elasticated straps, like trade plate straps) for road use.

Having said that, if you got US-style plates made up in black - with white lettering - you would at least have the correct legal colours ! ;)
    "ZV" plates look popular
    It just shows how many classics are being imported into Ireland !
    The newer ZV plates with seven-digits (e.g. ZV 93526) don't look as good as the five-digit ones pictured above.

BTW, interesting pic of 'IM 1' above - the first reg ever issued in Galway !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭camarobill

DubTony wrote:
    35b344f0.jpg
    Love those plates. Does anyone know where to get them ... and how legal are they?
    state plates in the uk will make them up in any u s style,made a pair for my yanky,phone 01526344460/dont forget 003531526344460 if calling from eire,worked out about 35 euro a pair ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭mustang68

I did my plates myself (blue 68 Mustang), took a while, but looks well. A US plate is nearly the exact width of the lenght of a piece of A4 paper (if that makes sense!).

I did up the plate in GIMP (like photoshop, but free), printed it out, cut it up, laminated it, then bolted it behind the frame using silicon sealant where I bolted through the laminate. It has lasted a few months now,and still looks great plus only cost about 5€

In hindsight it was probably easier to get them made up professionally, but it was a little project of mine for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭camarobill

corelon wrote:
    It was a good show, many american cars...Didn't rain all day which helped. Def worth the trip down with a bad hangover and about 3 hours sleep.
    did fran solve the temp sensor corelon :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Whats this:
    Picture-021.jpg
    It looks weird.
    Nice car you have there corelon.
    I think i might start going to these kinda shows the cars look stunning and something different to todays cars and modefied ones i'd normally be into.

Thanks..
    I'm not the one to be able to answer what car it is above.. But I'm just getting into the classics.. But It looks like it says its a triumph on the bonnet.. Don't know if this helps.
    C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

That's a triumph TR4 or TR5. Never discovered how to tell one from the other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Firebirder

Hey guys, just new to Ireland and this site-It's awesome to see the intrest in classic US cars here..I just hope you have the ultimate accessory to one of these cars, a beautiful woman :D nothing better than making guys drool over the car, then they see what gets out of it -double whammy!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Firebirder wrote:
    I just hope you have the ultimate accessory to one of these cars, a beautiful woman :D
    I guess sometimes having one, might help get you the other... ;)

Welcome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Firebirder wrote:
    Hey guys, just new to Ireland and this site

Welcome Firebirder - what do you drive?

[HOPE]Is it a "Rockford Files" Firebird?[/HOPE] If so, please post some pictures, or better yet an MP3 audio file :)

DubTony wrote:
    35b344f0.jpg

I have a chrome number plate surround to suit a US sized plate.
    I may part with it if a decent offer was made ?! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭69 mustang

DubTony wrote:
    35b344f0.jpg
    Those plates in the photo were both made for 18 euro inc the trim from NPD.
    I just cut up some perspex painted it blue at the back then got the stickers
    made in a sign shop in yellow. :)

Advertisement