Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gym

Options
  • 30-05-2005 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

anyone know if the gym is open over the summer/ what hours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Shud be open over Summer, normally is.Not sure on hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

I have a college ID for this year but I dropped out of NUI Maynooth at Christmas....would that ID still work when they scan it in in the gym or will it say I've left the college? It's not out of date until October.

Also, is there a student discount in the Glenroyal does anyone know? And how much is it?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

student discount around 400 i think for the Glen
    AS far as i know you can use ID card for college gym up til sept, you could always just walk in the far door and not swipe in
    its opened all during the day at summer, think it's usual hours as far as i remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

Cheers Ixus....do you know if it would come up as void if I did swipe it in? Seeing as I dropped out (never gave back my card)....or would that not make a difference?

As for the Glen gym...that's expensive for a student discount isn't it? What's a regular membership?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Orange

college gym:

08.30 - 22.00 weekdays
    11.00 - 17.00 weekends

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Orange wrote:
    college gym:

08.30 - 22.00 weekdays
    11.00 - 17.00 weekends

Nice one! Didn't think they'd be open that late. Cheers for posting that Orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

So does that mean you're going to be on the tredmill all summer Claire? :D

Maynooth, haven't a clue if ID it will work, should think so.. (you actually from Maynooth?)
    The glen is expensive to pay in one whole go, but if you look at it like it's a little over a euro a day and you get a pool, gym, sauna plus other facilities it's well worth it.

I just can't understand why the college didn't build a pool as part of the sports facilities along with the gym, sports hall etc. I know there's a pool on the south campus, but it would make sense to have had one oon the north when they were upgrading the facilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

ixus wrote:
    So does that mean you're going to be on the tredmill all summer Claire? :D

Oh yeah, at least 5 hours a day on the threadmill!

Yeah right ;)

Advertisement