Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Original Quake

Options
  • 30-05-2005 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Quake 1 . . . what a classic!! I used to stay up into the wee hours of the morning playing Team Fortress . . . :D

Just wondering if i can pick it up somewhere? im getting a new laptop soon (hopefully) and would mind a nice simple game like that to play with a friend! do you think it would be easy to set up a game over a lan - the technology hasnt evolved too much to make this challenging?

I'd say it would be fairly cheap, but is it available?

Thanks inn advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It's simple to setup. People still play it online.

For a lan, just get a Quakeworld Server binary, run it with whatever commands you want, and connect to it.

Check out the FuhQuake and EzQuake clients.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Giblet wrote:
    It's simple to setup. People still play it online.

For a lan, just get a Quakeworld Server binary, run it with whatever commands you want, and connect to it.

Check out the FuhQuake and EzQuake clients.

Or if you don't want the hassle of configuring these (the result is a smaller, more customised qw, but it takes some messing about), go here and grab the game for clients, and the server for your LAN. Alot easier and you get the 32bit textures etc by default so it looks very nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

Giblet, Fobia - thanks for your help!! Im looking forward to playing! :D

Advertisement